S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

MAF in fuelling kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default MAF in fuelling kit

The AWE fuelling kit is $2700 bucks, and it looks like 440cc/min injectors, a chip, and a new MAF sensor and housing with all the clamps and crap. Anyways, I was looking at ECStuning.com and they sell the injectors for $350 (with the necessary stuff to install it) and the chip tuned for the Stage III setup would cost $600 seperately. So $1700 for a freaking MAF????? I could have swore I saw it being sold as a seperate item somewhere else for MUCH cheaper, so this leads me to believe the kit is just a rip off. I have heard that the MAF sensor is weak and that's why they include it and blah blah, but I cannot fathom that it should cost that much. Now I know, I don't own an S4, this is for Hano, because he hopes to have the Stage III up and running properly by the end of June and funding is short (and too lazy to post on the forums). And rather than not get ripped off (assuming the MAF isn't that much, which I'm pretty sure it isn't), just buy the parts seperately and for much cheaper (which means much sooner). So two questions, are the injectors for the Stage III setup 440 cc/min? And is the MAF a rip off? If so, then how much should it cost and where can I find a dealer who sells it?

Thanks guys,
Adam

Old 05-27-2006, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: MAF in fuelling kit

yeah i would greatly appreciate any help on this subject. and no, i am not lazy. i was just at work all day and would've posted the question as soon as i got home, which is now. but i still have to thank adam for his help. and to anyone else who has any info

Old 05-29-2006, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear

no one has replied to your thread.... no one likes you

Old 05-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Yea I saw the same thing. It seems like purchasing the stage3 kit in parts is the way to go...

Old 05-31-2006, 03:46 AM
2nd Gear

i found a fueling kit that is sold by vast performance. it's a great place and the guy i'm working with, kurt, has been very helpful. and on the plus side, it's a TON cheaper.