S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

My new OEM NAV on my B6 S4, yes I said OEM

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 02:44 AM
1st Gear
Default My new OEM NAV on my B6 S4, yes I said OEM

well, I had no idea that there was such an option for Audis at all older than a B7. Although, I had noticed that the interiors being identical, bar the steering wheel, that the system would fit, except I also figured that non of the wiring would be there making a huge pain to do. BUT one day bored at work, I saw a unit on Ebay advertised for all A4s from 2001 1/2 to 2006...hmmm, this is an obvious mistake I thought, so couple of question emails later, and $1200...BAM!

works like a charm, all the wiring is there already, it took a whole 5 minutes to swap the units and it started working like it was alway there. It has provisions for OEM Satellite Radio XM or Sirius), OEM bluethooth, and a non OEM harness for multimedia (TV, Playstation DVD Movie) there if you want to add on later. All you need to do is specify if its a BOSE or AUDI Symphony system.
The only kind of Mickey Mouse part is that you have to use an aftermarket GPS antenna that is stored behind the dash since the OEM one would be on the roof antenna. It fits fine and I placed mine right on a ledge under the airvents and it work fine, even inside undergound parking structures!!?? how its beyond me.

Here's a website that has tons of info on it and a parts store with lots of add ons and sometimes the NAV units to http://www.navplus.us/forum/index.php .
and the sister websire that sells the parts http://www.navparts.com
I got mine from a guy on Ebay that imports these units for A4s and A6s, i could also give you guys his Email if you're interested, good guy, he referred me to the sites for more info.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:59 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My new OEM NAV on my B6 S4

Beautiful job. I have a 2006 B7 S4, but mine was produced before the bluetooth option. My dealer told me I couldn't add OEM bluetooth, even though I have nav and the steereing wheel phone controls. Was this nav system brand new? Do you have a parts number?

Old 03-24-2006, 03:04 AM
1st Gear

Thanks. I would appreciate his e-mail address.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

the site has all the pasrts needed for the bluethooth.... on the description for mine, which was not brand new, it was out of an Audi in Sweden judging from the NAV prev destination, it said that I could add the bluethooth.

Go on the forum site I linked to on the posts and ask some questions am sure they know all the details.

oh yes, and thanks! I was pretty bummmed about the fact that after all that cash for the car, in a 2005 model i could not get NAV!! I mean even a frikking Accord has this option...for 2 years already. I guess in Europe Audi has offered this since 2001 1/2, but not here!?
So am very happy I found this, I drive A LOT for work and my previous car had it, now i depend on it.

the guy I got mine from was Steve Diamond, bmwz1@earthlink.net. Very good guy, lots of good info and help. He provides everything needed, even the tools (4 hooks).

Old 03-24-2006, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

Just hopped over to that site - lots of info. This is my first car with nav, and I appreciate it too. I was bummed when I brought my S4 home and found out it didn't have bluetooth, even though the dealer said it did. He got my S4 from another dealer as I needed it in a hurry. The sticker didn't say bluetooth and was $500 less than others that did. I just missed it before I wrote the check. The manual explains that cars produced earlier in the year didn't have bluetooth available in the package. I really would like to have it, except when I need privacy from other passengers hearing what my caller is saying. This can be bad when girlfriend is in car and another woman friend calls.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:30 AM
1st Gear

yeap, my previous car had the bluethooth, I NEVER used when people were in the car, its like a concert of your conversation for everyone in it, and the caller id popping up on the center screen was alway scary

Old 03-24-2006, 03:33 AM
1st Gear

Pretty dangerous doing 100+ and suddenly having one seriously pissed off passenger next to you!

Old 03-24-2006, 03:33 AM
1st Gear

this thread on the forum has lots of info on Bluethooth for pre 2005.5 cars with NAV

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=772

Old 03-24-2006, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: LIS4

Pretty dangerous doing 100+ and suddenly having one seriously pissed off passenger next to you!
well i think 100+ pretty much shuts them up good, just dont slow down

Old 03-24-2006, 03:40 AM
1st Gear

I wish this fit the B5! I’ve seen it done, but apparently it doesn't fit well. I’m jealous...
I guess I'll have to find an aftermarket one, any ideas?