S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

My Thanksgiving Ham Incident!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Default My Thanksgiving Ham Incident!

You guys might not care about this, but at least you can provide some sympathy. The pain is dull now because it occurred last week and the mess is cleaned up.

My wife took my car to her Kindergarten class Thanksgiving Dinner. She cooked a beautiful turkey, ham, and all the fixins. She carefully places them in my back seat. When she arrived at school, I receive a frantic phone call at work. "Richard, my ham has leaked all over your back seat. It's pooling like a funnel through the back. I can't clean it up because my class is starting." Well, I didn't ponder staying at work for a second. I drive to swap cars with her and OMG what a mess. Since it was sitting on the center section, it had poured down both sides and down the back. I had to remove the seats and begin a series of wipe downs with warm soapy water. Luckily I got it all out and it gave me a well needed opportunity to clean all of my seats.

My car is beautiful again. I even replaced my nasty passenger side mirror and painted my center caps this week.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My Thanksgiving Ham Incident!

wow sorry to hear that would make me pretty upset but what can you do **** happens...but i would of atleats asked her to throw some sort of towels on there before she went to class she could of been a few seconds behind dont you think?? that would of been a little courteous since she is the one whow put it in the back without something underneath supporting it incase it leaked..when i pit stuff like that in my car i always throw womething under it or if i dont have anything then i put it in the trunk with the cargo net ..i never put food on plates and stuff on my seat just incase of accidents like this..i am a freak about the inside of my car being clean all the time and that would turn my hair grey if that happened to me...but atleast it cleaned up and motivated you to clean your seats..

Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
3rd Gear

I had a similar incident on my front passenger seat. Real bummer exept i slammed on the breaks threw it out of the car swearing and cleaned it up on the spot.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
2nd Gear

damn.... props to getting it out

was it tasty?!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear

yeahhow did it taste???

Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 AM
2nd Gear

I dont eat or drink in my car, nor let anyone else drive my car. so im safe there!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 AM
Senior Administrator

Isn't your wife a little old to be in kindergarten?!?!? I'll bet she's a hit with all the other kids, tho, being able to drive and all

Seriously, thank goodness you were able to get it cleaned up before too much time had elapsed. Tell her next time to use a deeper pan, drive Granny-slow, and, scoot the passenger seat ALL THE WAY forward and place food items on teh floor, not the seats, or else use a rental car!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:13 AM
4th Gear

My wife put fresh shrimp in the back floor of our SUV. Imagine that it actually leaked.
Despite multiple warm soapy water, oxy clean, woolite etc. cleanings it still smells like aquaman's azz in there when it heats up in the sun.
Thank God it's not mine.[>:]

Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

wow that sucks, thats even worse then when my gilrfirend took my car and used the ski sock for 2X4s. I thought I was pissed about the wood, well i guess it doesnt matter too much since you got it all cleaned up

Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM

I'm with CamoA6 on this one, nobody other than me drives the S4,well they will when I get the M6 and then nobody will drive that other than me... Can't believe your wife can handle 19lbs boost and RS4 clutch props for that! My girlfriend.. forget about it!

Quick Reply: My Thanksgiving Ham Incident!