S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

new 01 audi s4 owner.....issues pissin me off

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 PM
1st Gear
Default new 01 audi s4 owner.....issues pissin me off

ok so i just got my 01 s4 the end of Feb and i got, under warranty, the tranny rebuilt. first off, dumb idea for buying car from this dealer. car runs fine now except for the oil leak that it has now. i'm in the process of getting it in to get checked but these guys seem dumb but i'm going to have them fix it. also, on a cold start up, on a easy acceleration there is a very loud noise like a very loud "dentist drill" that goes for about 30 seconds. then after that the turbo will have a quiet drill sound to it on boost. is this a sign of turbos going bad? i love the car but i'm getting the feeling that this car is f*cked up. and hopefully i can get them to fix everything without me payin anything.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: new 01 audi s4 owner.....issues pissin me off

The turbo is going... it will probablyblow within 6 months. same thing happened with mine. the "dentist drill" started in january" end of march (on easter) my drivers side turbo blew. I drive a lot tho.

The oil leakmight be thecam adjuster seals or valve cover gaskets, I am replacing them all while getting my new turbos put in.
Looks like you bought it at the right time! hah Sorry to hear about it and hoepfully all this is under warrenty.. try to get k04's instead of k03's next time!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

how much would it cost to upgrade to the k04? cause if i am gonna have to pay to replace the turbos i might as well upgrade. would i need to upgrade anythingelse or could i just leave everything else the way it is stock? or upgrade it later when more money flows into me. thanks for the reply too

Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
2nd Gear

Umm... maybe you don't want to know how much it's going to cost! lol
k04's- 2000-2200 depends on the place... achtuning.com, avalonmotorsports, matrix, ecs tuning, all about the same
inlet pipes- 500-600-
hardware- 80-90
this all would be just about useless unless you changed the fueling- 2000-2300
clutch- 600-1000
all the seals and gaskets to avoid the leaks you're having.
then to get into the more performace you will need downpipes- 12-1300. catback if you dont already have one is 800-1000. Intercoolers ~1000-1300.
Motor and tranny mounts if they are bad- 300
That's about it off the top of my head, lol
It adds up real quickly and those are new parts prices.. used are half- 3/4 the price usually.
Goodluck!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM
3rd Gear

My motor mounts were completely blown out, i was depressed when i saw them out of the car.

You can just buy the K04's Inlets and hardware and be done with it, they are soooo much better than k03's, IMO its foolish to put k03's back in when k04's arent that much more expensive. running the K04's at stock boost levels will give you a little more power because the k04's can manage more cfm of flow than k03's but without the clutch, intercoolers, fueling, and a turboback exhaust you wont have the stage 3 powah

Old 04-17-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

hot damn! yeah i dunno if i would be able to do all that. i might just leave it the way it is and keep it simple. I talked to the place i got my car from too, I asked if the turbo was covered under the extended warranty they gave me. go figure it doesn't. then he was telling me that if the turbo did go, it would still be driveable just won't have the power behind it. i thought i remember reading a post that if they go that its bad to drive it like that. i'm guessing a audi driver is gonna know more than the retard who sells stuff.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

thanks HP Addict....maybe i'll just do that and fork out some money for those parts. then later on i can always boost it more to get that extra wanted powah! haha

Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
2nd Gear

k04s are hardly pointless without all that other stage 3 goodies. not everyone is made of money. if you have to replace turbos, always go at least k04. they run perfectly on all the other stock parts, and will be much more reliable than the k03s. You do not have to get any of the other stuff to make them run.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

Oh ya, install is $1400-1800 also. Running the k04's with the stock injectors will cause it to run lean since the turbo's are bigger andthey willpush more air. The AFR will be higher and this could be a little bad. someone??

Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

whats a really good cheap site to order stuff from. i don't really want to order from a place in town cause then they will probably charge me and arm and two legs for it extra. i'm thinkin the k04 way is the way to go. plus i got some time hopefully before my k03s actually go out. so i better start savin more now. otherwise school loan is goin up ha

Quick Reply: new 01 audi s4 owner.....issues pissin me off