S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

No transmission Fluid change DIY's :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear
Default No transmission Fluid change DIY's :(

sorry guys i might just be having a bad day or didn't see something..
I am currently working on changing the oils in my diffs and tranny... The diffs look very easy to drain/fill..
but how about the tranny. I see the allen bolt on the bottom of the tranny.( prolly to drain).. but where do i fill it from..
and just want to make sure about the capacities.. i know its full when you see it coming out of the fill hole.. but just estimates
3 quarts -tranny
2 quats- front/rear diff

Old 06-19-2008, 07:53 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: No transmission Fluid change DIY's :(

You need to take it to a shop because you need to fill it via a pump from that drain plug. From what I understand it should remain sealed for life.... But since you're in there might as well. Search it because I was able to find a few write-ups on it.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

yeah filling via a pump is no problem i have one set to go... can you post some of those write ups because all im finding is the b5 A4 5 speed fluid change, or for the automatics....i barely go to shops, don't really trust them

Old 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Word, a diy would be nice on this.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

Cmon guyss i have bottles of reline MT90 just waiting for my Audi to swallow. Shes thirsty and wants it inside of her.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:57 AM

I see the Allen bolt on the bottom of the tranny ? there is no drain plug on the tranny there should be an Allan bolt in the middle of the tranny and you syphon the old out and fill through the same place thats for the 2001 s4 2.7

Old 06-20-2008, 07:00 AM
1st Gear

I second the DIY on this... My 01 avant seems to need a flush or a rebuild!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: No transmission Fluid change DIY'

techbod that sounds like it will work but. what IF there are metal pieces in the fluid? i don't think they will come out ..
and what is this that people say i need to drain, fill, then drive, then drain and fill again... can i get like a transmission cleaner becuase mt90 isnt that cheap just to fill and drain.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear

ok well now im just in a bad situation...
i started on the rear of the car. i change the oil in the rear diff.
then i moved to the tranny.. i unscrewed the ALLEN bolt directly under the tranny and alot of oil came out..NOW i cant find out where to fill the tranny oil from...
so after being furious with myself.. maybe i missed a screw or something that i cant find. i left the bolt UNSCREWED. and went to the front diff..
i unscrewed the drain bolt under the front diff .drained. screwed it back into place and filled it from the allen bolt in front of the cv boot.
well according to people with 2.7t a6's they said they used the diy for the a4 5 speed...and they said they filled there tranny fluid from the hole in front of the cv boot.. well how is this possible.i have the bolt from under the tranny open and the one under the front diff closed.. after putting about 2 quarts the front diff fill hole began to leak..its full.. i closed it up. NOTHING camefrom the tranny hole...
HELPPPMEEE
Where do i fill my tranny up with fluid? is the tranny connected with the front dif somehow? well then why isnt there oil coming from the unscrewed bolt right under the trannyy

What is the bolt directly under the tranny then? if NO DIY talks about itt..(i unscrewed it and oil came out)

Old 07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
1st Gear

anyonee?

Quick Reply: No transmission Fluid change DIY's :(