S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Planned mods, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Planned mods, any suggestions?

When I purchased my 2001 s4, it already came w 18" mille migilia gunmetal rims, aftermarket shocks and springs (wheel gap is perfect) and a racing clutch. I don't know who makes the suspension parts, and the racing clutch went out on me so it got replaced w a stock one. I'm planning on arp cat-back, arp ecu upgrade, bi-pipe, and short throw shifter. Are there any other begining mods that you reccommend that would work well with what I'm getting?

Old 02-11-2006, 01:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Planned mods, any suggestions?

Diverter Valves and Throttle body boot are a MUST if you are doing any power upgrades. Other than that your list looks good to me!

Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

here is some noob help from one to the other

ecstuning.com for the 710n diverter valves i got mine for like 70 bucks shipped for two of them. they do the same thing as the expensive ones so dont waste your money.

jeremy at matrix can get you the samco tbb it is around 70 bucks as well. he is a great guy and is a dealer for awe. send him a pm or he might post up his info here.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:49 AM
6th Gear

Chipped yet?

Old 02-13-2006, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

HAHA I'm not yet. My brake warning light has been on for a week, so I'm going to purchase new rotors pads and SS lines this week, just trying to figure out who to get them from. Then is air filter with chip, and on from there.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

well I just purchased the stoptech stage II upgrade package last night, I don't have 3g's to put into new calipers so we'll see if these make any difference.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: scarzie

Diverter Valves and Throttle body boot are a MUST if you are doing any power upgrades. Other than that your list looks good to me!
If he puts in a bi-pipe would that not eliminate any issues with the TBB, that seems to be what I have read, but if not I would definately like to know!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear

my b, i didnt read his entire first post. Yes, the bi-pipe does replace the whole TBB (the Samco TBB works just as well as the bipipe tho at a fraction of the prics, it has a few nicer things for it, but it doesnt outweigh the price difference).

Old 05-02-2006, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: LilBlackS4

here is some noob help from one to the other

ecstuning.com for the 710n diverter valves i got mine for like 70 bucks shipped for two of them. they do the same thing as the expensive ones so dont waste your money.

jeremy at matrix can get you the samco tbb it is around 70 bucks as well. he is a great guy and is a dealer for awe. send him a pm or he might post up his info here.
Thanks!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Site Moderator

hey jeremy..sorry this is off topic, but what can you get a set of work wheels for and what kind of offset would i ned with about a 1" drop and a 332mm stoptech bbk on my s4. Was thinking along the lines of the vs-xx or something of that nature.

Quick Reply: Planned mods, any suggestions?