S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default Please help

Ok, bear with me on the please. I recently ruined a rim on a pot-hole. the road commission payed for a new rim. turns out the tire is also ruined. so i had to order a new one. they put my spare on at DiscountTire, and i left. on the way home, the wheel became loose. so i took it back, told them to tighten it properly. same thing on way home. took it to the dealer and asked them to tighten properly and call discountTire to tell them what was wrong. they did, and when my tire showed up, this morning, they had already mounted it on my rim and just had to bolt it on.

when i got there, they pro-rated the tire for me, so i got a $250 tire for $125 because of thier lack of intelligence when it comes to tightening a wheel on. thats the only good news. i leave, and notice a lot of humming going on. im thinking maybe just the new tire. meet a friend for lunch, look closer at the tire, and just about flip out. Those morons ordered a 245/45R17 tire when its suppose to be 225/45R17 tire like the other 3. Needless to say, im sure it was my gears humming, not the tire. So i took it back, chewed them out, and they ordered the right size.

but now im concerned as hell about the drive train. should i make them pay for the dealership to check it over? i only drove about 20 miles, but thats a big deal if something goes wrong, i dont want to be stuck with the bill for a drivetrain issue that was thier mistake? Do you think much damage was done in that short distance?

please provide any input you can. thanks

Old 01-31-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Please help

i think it's worth a shot... they did make the mistake.