S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

port n polished exhaust manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
1st Gear
Default port n polished exhaust manifold?

hey just wondering how big of gains youd get from porting and polishing the exhaust manifolds from our car....or would it just help with the response of turbos n nothing else

any help would be greatly appreciated on this subject since i might be doin mine soon

also what else can be ported n polished? like intake manifold or throttle boddies?

Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: port n polished exhaust manifold?

ORIGINAL: hyperlight900

hey just wondering how big of gains youd get from porting and polishing the exhaust manifolds from our car....or would it just help with the response of turbos n nothing else

any help would be greatly appreciated on this subject since i might be doin mine soon

also what else can be ported n polished? like intake manifold or throttle boddies?
What I noticed with my ported and polished exhaust manifolds was the following. First off, they have very tiny ports and the hot side of the turbo is quite small so big gains can not be expected.

My car has a manual boost controller and I noticed that the boost comes in quicker and was actually higher with my MBC in the spot it was locate in prior. I obviously had to dial it back. My manifolds were done by VAST performance (we work together and we sponsor each others cars for different products and I was too lazy to do them mysefl- no patience). You can do the intake manifold as well, the throttle body ultimately limits you due to the size of the blades in it. Can't port it more than that. VAST performance has a lot of experience with this as well. Talk to Mike over there, even if you don't have them do it, he is pretty open with advice.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear

I would not expect any real HP gains from it. Not unless you had a lot of other supporting mods on the car. I do think it will help turbo spool, & top end, but not to much extent for the cost & time to install them.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

haha well cost would be relatively cheap......byuing the extra used parts listed above would be the extent of cost since i have very nice mchine shop too my disposal with a friend whos pretty much a master machiner

Old 10-03-2007, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

Then do it man. If you got that hook up. It never hurts to have that extra little edge.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: hyperlight900

haha well cost would be relatively cheap......byuing the extra used parts listed above would be the extent of cost since i have very nice mchine shop too my disposal with a friend whos pretty much a master machiner

That's not really the cost, it's pulling the engine, to swap them over. It's a TON, of labor, for almost no gain.