S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

reminder... stopping distance is longer in the rain...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: reminder... stopping distance is longer in the rain...

ORIGINAL: Lazydog

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can get her back to normal quickly.

What lane were you in when it happened? Was it possible for evasive actions on your part? While ABS will slow you down faster it is designed to allow you to steer clear of object.
i was in the center of 3 lanes... cars on either side... i wish i was in the far left lane though, plenty of shoulder to go around on... i was the only one of four vehicles that couldn't drive away from the scene, and i got the estimate from the body shop today... $4,663.00 worth of damage...

i went over the estimate and noticed something that rather disturbed me... they had me getting a new driver side headlight assembly W/O HID (xenon)... i called right away, and was like WTF?????!!!! i asked why they had it down like that, she said when she did a search with my VIN that it came up with out having HID installed, i told her (and hopefully i was right) that ALL S4's came with xenon headlights (that is correct right? at least B5 S4's?) anyway, she made the correction to the estimate, and I will be keeping my HIDs... oh, and they said they needed 15 days for the repairs of the vehicle... BOGUS, really sucks knowing i was not speeding, and barely hit the truck in front of me, so for all of you out there, HIGH TRUCK+TRAILER HITCH=BAD NEWS FOR S4!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:25 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

R u joining up new or just relocating?
Transfer from CIA cryptology.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

I hit a deer last year, well the bastard hit me. Right front fender and mirror destroyed, dents on the roof from his antlers and scratches on the driver side door. NO damage to the windshield, hood, bumper or sunroof. Came out to $7,200 and the work done was absolute crap. Insurance paid for it, but its still frustrating. I know what you are going through man.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:30 AM

haha yea i know that. i noticed it when my friend almost backed in to my car, he stopped like 2 in from it and i noticed that.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:56 AM
2nd Gear

ouch ouch ouch! ...a few months ago I was approaching the main toll booths on the Dulles Toll road and the traffic - which was moving at speed suddenly accordianed to a stop and the 3 cars in front of me smashed together - I braked hard and just missed (by inches) joining at the tail end - as I looked into my rear view mirror expecting the worst the huge SUV behind me somehow managed to swerve into another lane and missed me (no way he could have stopped in time as I stopped on a dime)...so instead of being in the accident I was able to pull over to the side and be a witness. I stopped so suddenly that I still got a very serious wiplash that messed me up for over a week and required chiropractic treatment...but...no damage to the car! I felt very lucky...sorry your situation didn't turn out as well....

Old 10-18-2005, 12:46 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ORIGINAL: pturbo

R u joining up new or just relocating?
Transfer from CIA cryptology.
I always thought that field was cool. My sucking at math put me on a different career path though. Good luck at new job.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Roadhawk

ouch ouch ouch! ...a few months ago I was approaching the main toll booths on the Dulles Toll road and the traffic - which was moving at speed suddenly accordianed to a stop and the 3 cars in front of me smashed together - I braked hard and just missed (by inches) joining at the tail end - as I looked into my rear view mirror expecting the worst the huge SUV behind me somehow managed to swerve into another lane and missed me (no way he could have stopped in time as I stopped on a dime)...so instead of being in the accident I was able to pull over to the side and be a witness. I stopped so suddenly that I still got a very serious wiplash that messed me up for over a week and required chiropractic treatment...but...no damage to the car! I felt very lucky...sorry your situation didn't turn out as well....
yeah... no need for the apology, unless you were the a$$ in the F350... j/k... the thing that pissed me off the most is i KNOW that if the moron in front of me didn't hit the car in front of him, i would not have hit him... he would have kept sliding, long after i came to a complete stop...

Old 10-26-2005, 12:03 AM
1st Gear

YIPEE!!! i get my baby back on friday!!! i'm keeping my fingers crossed everything still works right...

last time i saw her, the white alcantara had oily hand prints all over the driver side door and seat... wow, i don't think i've been that pissed in a long time, and i'm in the marine corps!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 12:34 AM

who put a oily hand on ur suede? i would have slit their troat.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:33 AM
1st Gear

i think it was the tow truck company... because i looked at my car before the body shop even did the estimate... i mentioned it to the tow guys, and my insurance company, tow guys said it was like that, which is total BS, i won't even get into my car if their is a puddle on the driver side, i'd rather climb through the passenger side CAREFULLY...

and i am constantly going over the interior with a damp microfiber cloth!!! my insurance company said not to worry about it, and the body shop will get it cleaned before they return it to me

Quick Reply: reminder... stopping distance is longer in the rain...