S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

RSN-E MOD

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RSN-E MOD

I posted previously the modification to allow you to watch dvds/tv etc thru the stock navigation on our Audi models. I have done some research and found exactly what cables are needed if you currently have the stock navigation system from Audi. I am planning on doing this mod on my '06 S4 when it arrives from Germany in June!

To complete the mod you will have to purchase two cable adapters; Dietz 1417 & 1280. For those new to this, the Dietz 1417 gives you the RCA and Video cables into the RSN-E which will allow you to connect whatever you want to the navigation (DVD player, Xbox, PS2, TV tuner etc). The Dietz 1280 allows you have have video while the car is in motion (If you know, most DVD systems won't play the video when the car is in motion. For those wanting to watch DVD you can switch out the stock 6 disc changer with a DVD player because how many of you listen to CD's now a days, with ipods and the SD card slots the new S4 has.

I have talked around with a few guys who installed this in their own cars, who had some knowledge of electronics, and we able to complete this mod in a few hrs. But I am sure if you took it to an Audio store they could do it a lil quicker since they are more customed with these types of mods.

Pricing:

Dietz 1417: around $269
Dietz 1280: around $170
(Give or take a few bucks)

You can get it from a company out in CA, but if you don't live over there like me, Shipping/Handling will cost about $5 UPS (2-3days)
As of now the items are out of stock but I spoke with the store employee and more of both cable adapters are arriving next week!

You can order from this store: https://www.euro-parts.us/
Phone #: (909) 576-1603

(products I don't believe are listed on website but they do sell them! I called and spoke with them....

Hopes this helps any1 thats interested.......
Let me know how it goes, as I will be doing it once my car arrives in the states!

Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RSN-E MOD

sorry- just looked back at the site and the items are listed under Dietz. Haha but the store employee gave me a lil different price then listed!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

sweet, www.navparts.com sell tons of cool add on for RNS-E.....but your prices on the media cables are a ton better, good find, thanx.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

Sweet dude, That actually is some good advice. I just got a audi plus nav in my B6 04' S4 and I was trying to figure out how I can get a dvd to play on it. Can those cables be used to hook up my ipod too? And do you know how many things can be hooked up at once, eq. 6 disc changer, ipod, and dvd player/ ps2? Thanks ...

Old 05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

i know you can do a dvd player or ps2 plus an ipod i believe. just call the number i posted previously and he'll letu know it all-