S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

s4 bi turbo or evo 8

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Default s4 bi turbo or evo 8

hey guys,
i am new to the forum. i am thinking about getting a s4, looking at the 2001 or better, but still the bi-turbo. Another car a like a lot is the evo 8. i was wondering what you guys thought of the 2, and comparisons you might have run across.

thanks very much

Old 05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: s4 bi turbo or evo 8

S4 Bi-Turbo, Much Nicer car all around. More Luxury than a Mitsu, plus you could mod the **** out of it! IMO

Old 05-02-2005, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

the s4 is def a lot nicer with more luxury, no doubt about it. I do think the mitsu will take better to mods, is easier to mod, and there are more available. I guess it will just have to come down to personal preference.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

True...You got a point! Just let us know how it goes!

Old 05-04-2005, 10:28 AM

There is probably going to be alot of mods for the mitsu/subaru but those are going to be sh!tty mods by comparison to the S4. What I mean by that is that the mods you would put on the mitsu/subaru will make those cars lose alot of driveability. The level 3 mod packages from APR/ECS for the bi-turbo S4 are pulled from the RS4, probably the absolute best high end mod package in the tuning community IMHO.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 PM
4th Gear

S4 is way more luxury then the evo 8. U can mods the hell out of both of them with more horsepower. they both have all wheel drive. Just a matter of opion

Old 05-05-2005, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

1)This is an audi forum, most people here prefer audi's so that's what they will tell you.
2)Obviously no one can my the decision for you.
my advice, go to audi s4 forums and evo 8 forums research what the people like about the cars, what they don't like, see how it fits into what you are looking for
also if you are going to mod how far do you want to go? how much are you willing to spend what's your whp goal?
see people with evo 8's and s4's who have achieved that and what they have done, how they have done it and see how that fits

Good luck, either one is an amazing car

Old 05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
4th Gear

You can make the s4 just as fast as a evo, I know guys that simply have stock vag ko4s and running 11s. With the audi u have class and speed alike.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

yes i def understand people here will prefer the audi. i am on the lancer forums as well. i have always wanted a s4, but i talked to someone with a s4 and an evo and he def liked the evo better. he also told me to change the turbo's you have to pull the engine. is this the case?

Old 05-06-2005, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Evo 8 is a boy racer. it is better then S4 when it comes to racing (stock vs stock). it is way lighter, suspension is tunned more toward racing, more power, so it is faster. just like S4 u can tune it to get more power, not as much as from 2.7T engine, but then again, cause of weight, Evo has better power to weight ratio. i do not think u can get better cornering speed on S4 even with all the suspension mods (both cars), since audi is nose heavy from start, and there is nothing u can do about it. evo is more even ballanced car. so it seems that evo is a better car (most car magazines love it). me - i would never get one. here is why:

1. design - it is cheap piece of plastic. there is no other way to put it. inside out. they spent all the money on performance, and had nothing left for car itself. [:'(]

2. evo is and always will be a boys car. it is fun for 22 year olds. s4 is way more prestigeous. it is a german car, with great looks - better then many new designs that companies are comming out lately. u can impress 16 year old girls with evo, no one will ever look at it once u get a bit older. [8D]

3. power range - evo has peaky power curve, nothing bellow 3,000 rpm - everything after. means more turbo lag. too jerky. s4 is way more civilized. power is spread evenly, acceleration is smooth (and deceiving).

4. ride - s4 is more comfortible rider then evo, and it is better at higher speeds. cause of weight it is more stable at higher speed. it is great autobahn cruiser.

5. sleeper - u can see evo a mile away, so every cop will be looking for you. s4, u can snick up to people, and show them your rear license plate before anyone will ever notice you. very few people know what is S4, but everyone knows A4. few can tell the difference.

6. exclusive - audi imprted the older S4 only 3 years. 2000-2002. so there is only 15,000 of them in whole US. i see 3 BMW M3 per one S4. u get to own something that few people have.

Quick Reply: s4 bi turbo or evo 8