S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 Stage 2> GIAC chip, Diverter Upgrades, downpipe, APT FMIC Kit, what else?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:32 PM
1st Gear
Default S4 Stage 2> GIAC chip, Diverter Upgrades, downpipe, APT FMIC Kit, what else?...

Hello all, great forum, glad I found it! Just wanted to know if its neccessary to upgrade anything else on my S4 Stage 2 for added performance. I'm NOT going K04's Stage 3, keeping my stocks. Ok, so far this is what I've got: GIAC chip, Diverter Upgrades, Downpipe, Exhaust, and APT FMIC kit. My car runs amazing already but just wondering if there's anything else at Stage 2 that I might be missing? Thank you for your feedback!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: S4 Stage 2> GIAC chip, Diverter Upgrades, downpipe, APT FMIC Kit, what else?...

Thanks for the input, I'll check it out. What about a K&N? Dothey make one for the S4. What hp gains can be expected from an intake?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: S4 Stage 2> GIAC chip, Diverter Upgrades, downpipe, APT FMIC Kit, what else?...

I just checked it out, they do. Here's the link if anyone else wants to know:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

Good advise, thanks. Why r u apposed to the whole K&N kit?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

The k&n comes with a different oil on the filter and as it gets sucked it it damages our already weak MAF's. Ummm only things left performance wise with nostage 3....
Upgrade clutch, brakes, suspension, drivetrain stabilizer, snub mount, stasis tranny rebuild, stasis rear dif, misting system for the FMIC.

Then you can make sure you got a upgraded TBB so it doesn rip and go with the full samco hose kit hwile your at it.

Some of these things are cheaper and can be done rather quickly, but i dont know ur financial situation nor do i know your full plans for your car but thats pretty much what you have left to do, short of stage 3

Old 05-11-2007, 01:47 PM
1st Gear

Good info, thanks guys. Might try the Darintake instead. I'll take note of the other recommended upgrades as well. Def could use a new clutch and maybe some Bremo's. Thought about the intercooler kit mister too, I think that would look sweet as hell. I'll be searching this forum soas not to repeat posts. I'm sure if I would have searched it first, I would have found the answer to the intake, sorry. Thanks again!

Old 05-13-2007, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear

keeping your ko3's huh? ya, good luck with that. i bet more than 70% of S4's have ko4's in them because the original turbo's blew up..

but you could get a better tune out of your chip. check out VastPerformance. they tweak the GIAC X files to get a little more juice for your application.. guy ran a 12.2 1/4 mile after switching to Vast.. also EPL Labs do great custom tunes but that will be a lot more money than going with Vast..

also weight reduction is the best mod.its free..

oh btw, what size piping is on the APT FMIC

Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 AM
2nd Gear

Rear sway bar, Rear sway bar, Rear sway bar, Rear sway bar, Rear sway bar!

Cheapest and most effective handing upgrade!

Sean are you saying 70% of all S4's are stage III? I doubt 70% have k04's, ask 90% of all B5 S4 owners if they know what K04 means and I'm sure they won't know . We the 10% on all audi forums are the oddballs [&:]

Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Sean are you saying 70% of all S4's are stage III? I doubt 70% have k04's, ask 90% of all B5 S4 owners if they know what K04 means and I'm sure they won't know . We the 10% on all audi forums are the oddballs [&:]
sorry, i meant 70% of all S4's thatare ko4'd already, have them because the ko3's blew.. NOT that 70% of the S4's out therehave ko4's.. the other 30% of stg 3 S4's upgraded to ko4's in the quest for more power..

i see where i worded that wrong

Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

sorry, i meant 70% of all S4's thatare ko4'd already, have them because the ko3's blew.. NOT that 70% of the S4's out therehave ko4's.. the other 30% of stg 3 S4's upgraded to ko4's in the quest for more power..

i see where i worded that wrong
That makes moresense [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: S4 Stage 2> GIAC chip, Diverter Upgrades, downpipe, APT FMIC Kit, what else?...