S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

STaSIS Street Sport vs. Eibach Pro-Street S

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Default STaSIS Street Sport vs. Eibach Pro-Street S

2002 S4…..I’m looking for coilovers that will increase the handling while keeping the ride comfort close to stock. Also, I’m not interested in dropping the car more than an inch. I’ve heard good things about the STaSIS Street Sport and Eibach Pro-Street S. Does anyone have any first hand experience or opinions on which would be the better option?? They’re both around the same price.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

im also looking for a lowering kit to go about an inch and i want to keep it pretty inexpensive. i was thinkin just eibach or tein springs but im afraid im going to get bouncy just doin springs

Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

I had the stasis coil-overs in my B5 A4 and absolutely loved them, it ended up being my favorite mod on that car... cant judge them against any others tho.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

I also liked them because they are adjustable while on the car which is a plus.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM

I too had been thinking about springs. ive been looking at Eibach or H&R, i wouldnt mind to see any pics.i keep reading that it lowers the front more then the rear and i dont like that "pounce" look. i would like it i guess as low as i could go without coils or cutting anything and safe clearence about 1.5 or so 1.7??really just close the gap a bit. I dont want to worry about bouncing.
anyone have just springs? pics?

Last edited by Yesmar; 04-21-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM

No other STaSIS or Eibach users out there??

Old 04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Im hoping that it will also just level the car out. Right now it looks like the back it sitting lower than the front. Maybe from to many launches . But another concern of mine is im planning on putting about a hundred pounds of audio equipment in the trunk. Hopefully the springs are strong enough to keep it level.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 PM

iv only heard good about H&R, heard eibach can be a bit rough, nothing about stasis

Last edited by Yesmar; 04-24-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

I have Stasis Street Sports. Like em. I'm lowered to 25" fender height, which is -1.5" (Sig pic is when I was stock) My suspension feels firmer than stock, they're progressive springs, so I'm assuming if I was at stock ride height, the ride would feel closer to stock. Body roll is reduced quite a bit, cornering is more crisp. I like the fact that I can lower my car in the summer and raise in the winter, I live in one of the snowiest spots in the U.S.

I don't think you can go wrong with Stasis Street Sports, Vogtlands, or H&Rs. They all seemed to have about the same good reviews, a little firmer than stock.

Last edited by klhbeetle; 04-24-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:00 PM
pms
1st Gear

Originally Posted by klhbeetle
...My suspension feels firmer than stock, they're progressive springs, so I'm assuming if I was at stock ride height, the ride would feel closer to stock....
Actually the height adjustment just changes the location of the lower spring perch - it does not compress the spring or change the spring rate, so changing the ride height would not affect how firm the suspension would feel.

(Technically I guess it could since changing the ride height will have an effect on the alignment settings and some impact on the geometry - the relative angle of the control arms, which could have an impact on wheel rate and thus ride, but that effect should be minimal (especially if your alignment is reset after the change) and probably not noticeable to a butt-o-meter)

Last edited by pms; 04-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Quick Reply: STaSIS Street Sport vs. Eibach Pro-Street S