AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   S Car Model Line (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/)
-   -   Is there any way of getting to the ko3s without pulling the motor? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/there-any-way-getting-ko3s-without-pulling-motor-79455/)

TwinSnails 10-24-2007 10:52 PM

Is there any way of getting to the ko3s without pulling the motor?

^^^
Just wondering if its possible.

DavidgotanAUDI 10-25-2007 02:20 AM

RE: Is there any way of getting to the ko3s without pulling the motor?

a guy posted one here and said he did it and exactly how he did it but i couldnt find the post so you will have to look, but like i said he said he did it so we dont really know. none the less it is still a bitch getting the damn things out

Mott Power 10-25-2007 07:29 AM

Yeah, Devil said he pulled his out through the front of the car, had to take off the bumper, radiator, etc., quite a tight squeeze but apparently it worked. Send him a PM for more details.

I was able to get them out by dropping the subframe and lowering the engine and tranny a bit using a GOOD jack. Still hard to get a couple bolts but works if you can be patient, just gotta make sure not to strip them.

pyrotechnique 10-25-2007 09:03 AM

Yeah, there's a mechanic around where I live (Charleston, SC) that can do it without taking the motor out as well.

DavidgotanAUDI 10-25-2007 09:50 AM

ha I knew it I was right some one did say they can do it :D

TKneedsS4 10-25-2007 10:25 AM

Eh idk , not dropping it is great and all but since your already in there mind as well pull the motor, re do your cam tensioner seal, motor mounts, and all those cheap dumb parts that have a tendancy of going bad.

TwinSnails 10-25-2007 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TKneedsS4

Eh idk , not dropping it is great and all but since your already in there mind as well pull the motor, re do your cam tensioner seal, motor mounts, and all those cheap dumb parts that have a tendancy of going bad.
I hear that. It just seem like a royal pita to pull it.

Mott Power 10-25-2007 01:33 PM

it's mostly if you just don't have the equipment to drop the motor

DavidgotanAUDI 10-25-2007 03:46 PM

one thing I would pull the motor and when you have it out do all the little stuff and if you have the money replace the clutch and depending on what it looks like get the flywheel turned most machine shops do it for like 30 or 40 bucks. I would make it a lot better, and 10000 miles down the road you dont have to pull it all out again you know?

Superdug 10-25-2007 08:56 PM

what if you just pulled the tranny i have heard it makes it easier to get to the dp's can you also access the turbos