S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Thinking about getting this tip chip on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Thinking about getting this tip chip on ebay

Hey, I'm looking into a tip chip for my 2000. I found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TIPTR...spagenameZWD1V
from a company called inmotion tuning. You have to send them your TCU as well. DOes anyone have any experince with this company? Any advice? If this is not a good idea does anyone have any links to other, more reliable tip chips?

Old 05-12-2008, 07:33 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Thinking about getting this tip chip on ebay

Have you done the 00032 recode?

I would stay away from the tip chips. In my opinion you can't do enough to it for shift firmness from a computer. If you want firmer shifts, get the valve body modified by someone like level ten. I've done electronic "shift improvers" in other cars, and it doesn't even compare to the valve body shift kits you can get for the same car. I also put a lentech valve body in my ford, holy cow that thing shifts. I know the Audi will never chirp the tires when it shifts, but I would still think the valve body mods can help get a firmer shift and not lag between gears as much as it does stock. I actually think this thing shifts good for an auto. Try driving a cavalier, or a ford mustang with an AOD, and then you'll really love your tip.

If you do get it, let us know how you like it. Please get yourself a g-tech and do some 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs before and after to show if it makes a difference like they claim. Do three runs before, three after, and post the results. Until then, I'm not convinced.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the thoughts Scott. I have a giac chip in the way that has a VAG cable to switch programs. Does anyone know where I can get the VAG software for free so that I can recode the trans? I was definatly gonna do that, but I also wanted a tip chip. I know theres a few in existance that I *think* have been proven to improve performance. Any more thoughts?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 PM
1st Gear

I talked to the guy at Inmotion. He was reasonably knowledgeable. He also told me you can't raise line pressure electronically. It has to be done mechanically, with the pressure regulator on the valve body. I've been told by people I expect know that the Tip chips do very little. Inmotion does, however, guarantee their stuff. If you're not delighted, get your money back.