S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

time for upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 AM
1st Gear
Default time for upgrade

So it's been a few months since I last posted, shame on me. But I have also been quite busy with work and yes I'm still overseas. The 2001 S4 I picked up late last year really needed alot of driveline TLC and after doing alot of research, emails, and a few talks with friends...I decided to get something done and done right.

I have a Santorin Blue S4, 6-speed, with black interior, burlwood (I think) trim and Flik wheels. The car came to me with alot of miles on an engine that had blown K03's and some shadetree exhaust. Only mod I could see other than the exhaust was an APR BiPipe ane Forge (knock-off) DV's.

So i'm getting the high mileage engine replaced with a new one (around $3500), new alternator ($dont ask), new starter, and new a/c compressor. On top of that, I had the car picked up by Sunday Auto Transport and shipped to AWE.

After speaking to Michael Romano there, I have informed him that I would like to go for the RSK04 full kit (w/ mani's), intercoolers, down pipes, twin 2 exhaust, GIAC tuning, Stage 2 clutch/flywheel, DTS, RS4 mounts, and a few other goodies. I bought the car for next to nothing and since it has a flawless interior and damn near perfect exterior, I thought I might as well do it up right and just get it running.

I'm sure Michael will be in contact with me today or tomorrow. I'm happy to own this car and cant wait to take out after the job is complete. I plan on driving it while on my next leave time away from here. I will keep you posting here as I get more information. Hopefully, some pics will follow as well.

Cheers!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: time for upgrade

very nice, i'll be interested to here of the results... to bad you won't be able to gauge between stock and aftermarket performance...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 PM

You can buy a 2.7 motor for 3500 is that with turbos?
maby my b5 s4 can live forever i was sort of getting worred

Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mattbracing

You can buy a 2.7 motor for 3500 is that with turbos?
maby my b5 s4 can live forever i was sort of getting worred
yeah look on ebay the motor brand new is 3500 without turbos and without alot of other thing it is just basically the motor and no accesories to run it

but hey man goodluck with the project and im sure you wont be dissapointed but just like shawncumberland said to bad you wont be able to feel the difference between stock and stg3...but either way it sounds like your geting a smoking deal and good decision to get it done right the first time and not find out the hard way that you can't rig these cars or you will be paying more money in the long run..[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

I'm not worried about looking for a difference between the S4 pre and post mods. I also owned a 2000 A4, but it was a dog of a car performance wise. The 2.8L in that was decent at best. It fell prey to being stolen and wrecked. I also own a 93 Silvia S13 so I am looking for some sleeper-toned down type of performance in a european sedan thing...make sense? I drove an A6 with the 2.7Ltt, but it wasn't that impressive at the time.

I was quoted for a long block assembly @ $3600 from an Audidealership, and that was with no turbos.

I too will be waiting to see what kind of transformation the car will take on once I get it back stateside.

laters from the green zone

Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM
3rd Gear

Don't waste the $$ on the manifolds, put that money into get the head ported out & the intake Mani. More gains same price.

Other then that, I'm very jealous, that sounds like a sweet project, you might also want to upgrade the brakes!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

Where are you overseas? Are you in the military?

Sounds like it's going to be a sweet ride!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

I'm in Baghdad, been here since the middle of 2004. I'm retired, but wish I hadn't done it yet. Should be a sweet ride...at least thats what I'm hoping for.

2k S4-no need to be jealous, this is just something I need to get done and I have no stock manifiolds currently (engine is sitting in El Paso). Brakes will be addressedwhen I get more info from StopTech about availability.

I appreciate the kind comments and suggestions. My stance is...if youre going to do something like this, try to do it right the first time. Yeah its a bundle of money, but as an Audi owner, I already accepted the fact that nothing is cheap and nothing cheap should be part of my S4.

laters from mortarville

Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

wish you hadn't retired?!? you gotta clarify that one... cause hell all ithink about is the day i can retire and play in the garage all day...

I'm down with doing things right the first time... I'll be seriously interested in the hp/torque and 1/4 mile numbers if you ever run it! I am leaning towards VAST possibly AWE as the shop when i pull the trigger. I'm going to request the parts and do the work myself, as for i have the tools, garage, and not in baghdad.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

Just got an email from Michael at AWE, car is there now.Guess things will start happening shortly.

Shawn-
I wish I hadn't retired because I see servicemembers everday...it just makes me wish things were different sometimes.

Quick Reply: time for upgrade