S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Tiptronic not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Default Tiptronic not working

Hey i have the tiptronic in my automatic 2000 S4. I slide it over and try to manuel shift and it doesnt work? Is there a fuse that i should be aware of?

Last edited by ouijacom; 08-15-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:22 PM

Man, of all the forums of the cars i owned. This one has to be the worst for help.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear

lol.. you want an answer in 6hrs??? how bout this.. your tranny is fU@%ed and you need a new one...

Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 AM
2nd Gear

i have removed my last statement to not offend anyone on this forum that does not have a manual transmission in their car. i made the comments due to slight intoxication and being upset.

Last edited by bigern45; 08-17-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
1st Gear

I have heard this can be a common issue, and the problem tends to be that one of the magnets has come loose. You will have to remove the trim from around the shifter, and see if the magnets are attached. Hope that helps.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
2nd Gear

Seriously a-hole. Don't come around here talking trash because you haven't gotten a response in 6 hrs. Here's a thought...it's the weekend! Maybe people are out doing **** instead of surfing the web trying to solve your problems.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM

How did I talk trash exactly? I am speaking the truth. I have been on this forum for quite awhile now and seems to lack in any other car i owned.Nobody seems to know **** about this car. Maybe its the people maybe its the car. This is not the first problem I have had with my car, or the first question that nobody really knew the answer too. Just cocky teenager kids with RATARD answers.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear

well, first of all , when you give a vague question, your going to get a vague answer. what doesnt work? the car doesnt pull at all? or you just cant manually shift? or the shifter gets stuck? be more descriptive initially.. and then .. when you want an answer that day? SIX HOURS LATER?? thats ridiculous.. what, did you sit by your pc watching re-runs of americas funniest home videos for 6 hrs and then decide you should have the information? we dont have a friggin "help" button to push like staples... so chill out and be respectful, not so demanding... and cocky teenage kids? im 31, ive been a tech for 15 years, have all of my ASE certs as well as L1... so know who your ripping on.. and oh yeah.. i drive a manual s4, im not ***** enough to have to deal with your problem or even know about it.....

p.s. sorry again for ripping on the automatics guys and gals, this guy is just bringing the worst out of me.. hes such a RATARD.. like rainman...

Old 08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

Bigern you're my hero lol

Old 08-18-2009, 04:56 PM

I have been driving a stick my whole life buddy, this is my first automatic car. I don't see the logic of being a ***** cause i drive a automatic. You are ignorant, and have a small ***** so you have to talk big talk on the internet. Congrats. Second of all, there is more then just you on these forums to answer questions from Audi lovers. You may be 31 but you are still acting as a teen, i am sure i am not the first one to say this. Look at yourself crying and stomping your feet. My question seemed pretty much to the point. My automatic tiptronic is not working, you slide it over and you move the shifter up and down and it does not shift up and down. how much more descriptive can someone be? I know for sure you don't own your own business cause you would lose customers. and another thing you say know who you are ripping on, and you are ripping on me and you have no idea who i am. Ignorrantance once again. and if you dont know the answer to my question why are you in my thread? Don't you have a stick shift convention to go to so you can suck more D?

Quick Reply: Tiptronic not working