S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

We are NOT the A4 Forum, NO MORE BOV threads!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: We are NOT the A4 Fourm, NO MORE BOV threads!!!!

yea dont worry, I am new, but I still know my way around cars, and why do u think i choose to buy an audi? first class all the way audi's are the only way to go.
Thanks for the comment on the pic, the rims and most of the other stuff is pending my summer job. cuz I am saving up for a Ducati monster or a Yamaha R6, so it depends on how much I want to dump in the car. I figure I got the bike for preformance, and the car for the ride

Old 07-15-2007, 09:37 AM
1st Gear

Hi, I drive an Audi A4 and also own an'93 Eagle Talon awd that would eat most A4's for breakfast. The bov on my Talon is piped back into the intake,down stream of the mas, much like the dv on the audi. You must be talking about venting to the atmosphere? I know that the dsm cars do not like to be vented to the atmosphere because that air has already been measured by the mas and the ecu has made fuel trim adjustments based on that air. My audi is stock I just drive it, one hot car is all I can afford(time and $). I've seen this discussion while perusing different forums and wondering what it is that I'm missing.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: dano
Hi, I drive an Audi A4 and also own an'93 Eagle Talon awd that would eat most A4's for breakfast. The bov on my Talon is piped back into the intake,down stream of the mas, much like the dv on the audi. You must be talking about venting to the atmosphere? I know that the dsm cars do not like to be vented to the atmosphere because that air has already been measured by the mas and the ecu has made fuel trim adjustments based on that air. My audi is stock I just drive it, one hot car is all I can afford(time and $). I've seen this discussion while perusing different forums and wondering what it is that I'm missing.
This is the S4 Forum, not the A4, all of our cars, are much faster then the A4 also. I also own a 4G63T powered car, that is faster then my S4.

You can use a BOV, that has been recirculated. Yes, you can not run a VTA BOV on an Audi, & that is the point of this thread. Check the FAQ in the A4 forum about all the BOV info you need
https://www.audiforums.com/m_402135/tm.htm

Old 08-11-2007, 01:40 AM

you can use a bov if it is rerouted before the MAF. its all based on where the air is measured.

but other than that you would have to use the HKS SSQ (iirc) BOV, which works fine with the s4 system

Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Deb38

you can use a bov if it is rerouted before the MAF. its all based on where the air is measured.

but other than that you would have to use the HKS SSQ (iirc) BOV, which works fine with the s4 system
Then that would make it a Diverter valve & not a BOV. The whole point is you can't vent it to atmosphere.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:13 PM

are you talking about the HKS BOV? because it is atmospheric and has not caused any issues with our cars.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

U have somekind of PSSSHHH noise when u put K&N filter on stock airbox and drill holes in top of it, or use cone filter, and i think that by-pass valves must be better than original (Forge etc.)

Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 AM
1st Gear

if you ask me, blow off valves are out dated. It's all about the whooo whoooo!

Old 09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

REMEMBER ALSO> If it doesn't have an S or an RS in the Model type it ain't worth wasting the money into!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: We are NOT the A4 Forum, NO MORE BOV threads!!!!

i know i sound dumb but im new to audis so what ur saying is u cant have a bov on a s4 at all? sorry plz answer

Quick Reply: We are NOT the A4 Forum, NO MORE BOV threads!!!!