S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

What's going on with my s4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by gfro1234
Ok well it looks like i'll just be making another trip to the dealer
Thanks for your help guys

try giving your car time to warm up if not allready and def give your turbos time to cool down or try not to enter full boost prior to shutting off the car.. this will give your new turbos a chance to live a little longer.. I have a 140k on my 01.5 s4 and the turbos are in great shape. yet i never enter boost till the oil is at temp and the car has ran at temp for at least 15 minutes. time consuming yes, but it beats paying the high price to repair.. good luck buddy.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear

Just buy a rebuild kit for your turbos, it shouldn't cost more than $150. And then have someone rebuild and balance them. You'll save about $700 from not buying new ones.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mott Power
Just buy a rebuild kit for your turbos, it shouldn't cost more than $150. And then have someone rebuild and balance them. You'll save about $700 from not buying new ones.
BUMP BUMP....
this is a great idea!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mp3driver
try giving your car time to warm up if not allready and def give your turbos time to cool down or try not to enter full boost prior to shutting off the car.. this will give your new turbos a chance to live a little longer.. I have a 140k on my 01.5 s4 and the turbos are in great shape. yet i never enter boost till the oil is at temp and the car has ran at temp for at least 15 minutes. time consuming yes, but it beats paying the high price to repair.. good luck buddy.
Good tips which I will definitely be doing, thanks. Are yours the orginal k03s that came with the car?

@Mott Power, that is a really good idea. However, as an impromptu gift for going off to college my dad is bailing me out and paying for 2 brand new k03s and installation (both are shot as reported by the dealer.)

Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by gfro1234
Good tips which I will definitely be doing, thanks. Are yours the orginal k03s that came with the car?

@Mott Power, that is a really good idea. However, as an impromptu gift for going off to college my dad is bailing me out and paying for 2 brand new k03s and installation (both are shot as reported by the dealer.)

Yes I am still runnng stock turbos. They work great all around. I plan to upgrade later. But have no need to at the moment.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

Good stuff, mines a tip so I speculate that it will never go stage 3 but hopefully just a hooked up stage 2+ one day

Old 07-18-2009, 07:41 AM
1st Gear

ughhhh ok well I got the new turbos installed and also a new torque converter, my old one was throwing a CEL. They didnt clear it at the dealer but the light turned off on its own about 15 miles later, then came back on? Why would it do this? Also, when I start the car from cold it still makes the dentist drill noise just not as loud. What could this be caused by? I just had a lot of work done on this car for it to be stressing me out already!!

Old 07-18-2009, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

p.s. the very first start after the new turbos made no dentist drill noise. Also, I did go WOT a little bit once the oil temp was up where it should be, how likely is it that the new turbo pooped out already?

Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 AM

As far as i know there is a break in period for the new turbos, and i think that it is somewhere around 400 miles. During this break in time you should not make full boost, as it my damage them. Im not sure that this is your problem, just a thought.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

Shiiit if one is fried will the dealer fix it? I got it back from them like 2 days ago!