S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

whats the stock boost 2.7T(searched)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Default whats the stock boost 2.7T(searched)

okay ive googled and searched all over and nothing has a real difinitive answer. i just installed my boost guage and it shows only 5 psi at wot, to me that seems a little low. it did jump up to 7-8psi once for a split second which is what i though was the stock psi. now im thinkin i have a boost leak somewhere. today im going to order some new 710N diverter valves. i havent checked my tbb yet but my car is the 2001.5 model and im pretty sure those have the improved boots. regardless im going to get a samco one anyway. is there anywhere else i should look? oh and yesterday when i was taking my intake apart i noticed a fair amount of oil build up on my valve covers leading me to believe i need to replace my valve cover gaskets. could this also be an issue with my boost?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

I think 7-8 psi is around stock. I'm not entirely sure though, you'll have to wait till one of the many Audi gods log on But as for the build up, I'm thinking that you may need to change those valve covers. I recently noticed a buildup and occasional oil smell coming through my heater. But after I replaced the gaskets it cleared right up. There is a writeup on an Audi DIY somewhere on the web.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

I always thought it was around 9 psi stock but I don't have a boost gauge in my car to verify this.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

mine hits anywhere from 8 to 9 and usually holds there...

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

If you do a pressure test and find no leaks you should use vagcom and check codes. If your egt sensors are failing your boost will be cut. My car had the same problem. I purchased some used ones and viola....achieved the stock 9-10 lbs boost. I was then able to instal my giac chipped ecu.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:50 AM

okay well after driving all day yesterday being able to use all of the gears i noticed that 1st 2nd and 3rd gear all only boost to 5 psi then 4th 5th and 6th will boost all the way to about 9 and hold there with out dropping so i dont think a leak is an issue anymore. i dont have a vag cable yet but ill order one today. does this scenario sound like a faulty sensor? i havent researched egt sensors yet, i just know they're expensive

Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM

new update, okay so i noticed that even in 4th 5th and 6th gear it still sometimes only runs 5psi. its weird that 4 pounds of boost makes such a huge difference. the car sounds much better at 9psi like its running stronger. anyway would the 5psi mean im running limp mode? thats my guess but its not constant though like sometimes the ecu is letting me run full boost and the rest of the time only 5psi. its really annoying.

*sidenote-i just got my windows tinted 20% all around...looks sexy

Old 11-26-2008, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

I highly suggest a leak down test. Its very simple and effective. There are plenty of DIY's on here if you dont know how to do it already.
My egt's where coming up (intermittent failure) I never replaced them because i had no idea they would effect boost. I have a article saved some where on my computer that definatively proved egt failure will cut boost. I'll look around for it and post later.
EGT $125 used, bn $279 (X2 in my case...they were both bad)
the smile on my face when the car boosted to its full potential.....worth every penny.

BTW I purchased my egts from these guys http://www.4usedaudiparts.com/#
used. $125 pc.
You need vagcom asap.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

read through this, this was when i had my problem. There was some very helpful info here.
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=102518

Heres the link that really convinced me
http://s4wiki.com/wiki/EGT

Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 PM

nice you guys are great, thanks for the help

Quick Reply: whats the stock boost 2.7T(searched)