Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Need help with making my turbo louder

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Need help with making my turbo louder

I have 99 1.8t. It's fully stock and we all know you can't hear the turbo stock. I plan to get the stage 1 APR chip, and forge 007 dv. I heard that the cone filter mod will make your turbo blow off louder. If I get the dv, chip, and intake will i be able to hear every blow off really well inside and outside? If anyone has any good sound clips of some in car driving with these mods or outside driving. LETS HEAR EM'!

Old 01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Need help with making my turbo louder

I have 99 1.8t A4. It's fully stock and we all know you can't hear the turbo stock. I plan to get the stage 1 APR chip, and forge 007 dv. I heard that the cone filter mod will make your turbo blow off louder. If I get the dv, chip, and intake will i be able to hear every blow off really well inside and outside? If anyone has any good sound clips of some in car driving with these mods or outside driving. LETS HEAR EM'!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Guru

your stock ko3 will never be "loud" probably not really loud enough to hear either

as for your dv.... it is not a blow off

if you want to hear your dv more... what you plan will help

you want to hear video's.... search youtube

Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

a dv is not a bov. check the sticky to explain the difference. I know there are some hybrids out there that will function as both a dv and a bov but I have heard mixed reviews as to whether it is a good idea. basically the audi turbo system is designed to be a closed loop with no blowoff. using a bov to vent boost leads to ECU issues (from what I have heard).

upgrading the dv and doing the filter mod should get you some more "noise" but you really aren't going to get that "whoosh" you are looking for

Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Guru

it will make him run rich as his maf has already told his ecu that there is so much air coming into the system...... but i already explained this too him in a round about way in his other thread.... he needed not make 2 threads on the same topic in the same section

but thank you for venturing out of your comfort zone(a6) to help our noobs

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 AM
1st Gear

I've heard some good stuff on youtube but they either had a carbonio intake or an intake was un buyable now.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:43 AM
1st Gear
Default turbo sound

Unless you get the big turbos like the gt28rs or gt2871r like ive got it wont be too audible. I switched my DV to the forge hybrid DV/BOV which diverts 90%&blows off 10% and with my intake,intake hose, large evo racewerks FMIC, cat delete& full neuspeed exhaust it sound really "sporty". Plus running 24lbs of boost it does have a little whistle & a noticeable let off sound. To hear the loud whistle/jet engine sound on that little 4cyl you need a turbo even bigger than mine.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

pte6265 ; )

Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

Don't feed the trolls!

Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
1st Gear
Smile Why oh Why

I can never understand, (and i dont mean to be disparaging in my comments), why people want the dv to drop its guts after 10 yards and waste power and fuel, because they think it sounds cool. Just doesn't make sense. Its actually a pressure release valve to stop you blowing the turbo up and you engine, so making it blow off so to speak well you may as well borrow a mobility scooter, it'll be much quicker.
Sorry if this offends anyone but the hole dump valve, i have a turbo thing really puzzles me.
Use the turbo as it is intended for, increased power and efficiency, hey just a thought lets make it go faster ?
Regards

Quick Reply: Need help with making my turbo louder