Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Noob a4 b5 question

Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Noob a4 b5 question

I have a 99' a4 1.8t. I know this is nooby, and I learned that a stock turbo can't be LOUD, but what can I do to at least hear it pretty well from the inside and outside?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Guru

didn't we just have this thread the other day

to hear a stock k03 you need a hearing aid turned up to the max

or to sort of hear it, a cone filter/airbox mod

i mean i have an elim and it is just audible enough...it is hard to get a k03 "loud"

Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Guru

dude you got to quit making these same gay *** threads over and over

as i stated above i thought it was some other poster..... but it was you

mods should think about limiting your privileges till you search

MODS CAN WE MERGE THIS THREAD OR DELETE IT?

Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

Guys like you MAKE forums.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Hendrixio
Guys like you MAKE forums.
guys that know the answers, or guys that if we don't know the answers we are at least willing to search? or guys that make a thread and then repost in that same thread versus clogging up the forums with multiple post about bullshit?

you are asking to hear your turbo, we told you how to do it in your last thread, which was merged with another thread with the same question

and if you want anyone to look at your threads post them in the right spot

this is a turbo question so you could put it there, you have an a4 could post there, and your a4 is a b5 definatly would post there

not in the sights sound which is not really anything pertaining to your question

if you wanted anything out of this section you would come here to answer your question maybe

Old 03-14-2011, 02:34 AM
1st Gear

several ways to try to help with this: cone airfilter, performance exhaust system, free flowing cats., bigger down pipe. You're really looking at not getting much more sound for the kinda money you'd have to put in it. I'd say go to an UrS4 Urs6 cause they aren't priced bag and they are not that hard to find and great shape and they have LOTS of turbo noise (got one) and I love the heck out of mine!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Hendrixio
I have a 99' a4 1.8t. I know this is nooby, and I learned that a stock turbo can't be LOUD, but what can I do to at least hear it pretty well from the inside and outside?
I did a swiss cheese air box mod, perrin boost controler, and a catless megan 2.5 inch exhaust with no res.

I could hear a tiny little turbo whistle from the exhaust and the turbo was deffinatly more hearable with the box mod and boost controler. Other then that, id say get a bigger turbo with open wastegate if thats possable, im a noob as well.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
1st Gear

I have a chip, swiss cheese box and test pipe and I think it sounds decent, you can hear it spooling down the road.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM
1st Gear

Do you have a pneumatic or internal type wastegate? A cheap trick is to shim your waste-gate spring to increase the spring rate of the spring. This will bring your boost up and get you the decibels your wanting.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

On the k03 that won't work with the built in wastegate and I thing the computer won't let you have more boost without chipping it or have the comp reflashed by Revo or someone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noob a4 b5 question