Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

only ford worth buying

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: only ford worth buying

ORIGINAL: CLX

There are plenty of Ford vehicles worth buying. Their commercial segment can't be beat, either. Next time you ride in an ambulance, don't expect to see a Dodge or GMC badge on it. And when it comes to reliability, I think that the vehicle you build your ambulance on should be pretty reliable.
i dont think thats necessarily true. i think the contract goes to who ever can supply the cars cheapest or who ever has the most connections with the person in charge of buying ambulances.

remember we live in america where money speaks.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ty98a4

what about the taurus SHO i have owned 3 of them and loved everyone of them
taurus SHO counts as touring car, come to think of it turns out our first car in america was a taurus wagon which we got from my uncle who i just realized is a engineer at ford in detroit, hmmm man i have a real history with ford, oh well i still think the best ones are over the pond, minus the taurus and xr4ti (even though its techically made as merkur) and of course real mustangs (60s and the new ones)

Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: ty98a4

what about the taurus SHO i have owned 3 of them and loved everyone of them
did they have the yamaha V8's in them? I know most of the SHO's did but i thought some had the 302?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

yea the 97 or newer shos had a 3.4 v8 in them. and 91-95 had a 3.0dohc yamaha motor with a 5 spd tranny or a 3.2dohc yamaha motorwith a autotragic. only thing i cant keep tires on my 91 damn front wheel drive

Old 01-22-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

http://www.shotimes.com/php-bin/modu...d=&topic=5
tons of info on them here..they are really fun cars!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
4th Gear

since the SHOs were FWD didnt they understeer like a dog, i know alot people had some quick runs in straahgt line or highway runs, but i dont think itd be the best for handling.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

it all depends on what year you got. mine is a 91"plus" and it isnt to bad but i have the biggest rear swaybar on mine so it helps alot. you can get them to handle very well with some mods like ebaich spings koni struts and aluminum subframe bushings. the stock 3.05speed is about a 14.8 or so in the 1/4 mile, if you do a few bolt ons like Y pipe, exhaust and big bore butterflys and working on how to launch a front wheel drive car you can get it better. there is a guy with a supercharger on shoforum that is running 12.939 in the 1/4! i love the car just for the secondarys when they open up at 4k its amazing and the red line is 7300rpm.fun high reving engine

Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: bronxblaza117

ORIGINAL: CLX

There are plenty of Ford vehicles worth buying. Their commercial segment can't be beat, either. Next time you ride in an ambulance, don't expect to see a Dodge or GMC badge on it. And when it comes to reliability, I think that the vehicle you build your ambulance on should be pretty reliable.
i dont think thats necessarily true. i think the contract goes to who ever can supply the cars cheapest or who ever has the most connections with the person in charge of buying ambulances.

remember we live in america where money speaks.
We average 300k miles on our vans at work before they are replaced. That's 300k miles on original engines and transmissions, my old van hit 271k before it was replaced, and it was only replaced because it got in two accidents (thankfully, not with me behind the wheel). A 2008 stripped chassis E-series by Ford has an MSRP of 25k, where the same by GMC is 23k. When we were shopping for my new van, we passed up several lower-priced GMC options to grab mine for about 30k, just to get the blue oval. Ford has had a strangle hold on the commercial segment for coming up on 30 years and it's not because they are "Build Ford Cheap."

And the SHO's were nice, but my old car was a Police Package wagon. Bet you didn't know they made the wagon with the Package, and neither did anyone else. Almost SHO quick with the 3.8, but in wagon form with the heavy suspension and better weight distribution.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:10 AM
3rd Gear

AGT40 is worth buying, imo.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

^ Too bad they cost 7 figures....

I don't even like Ford, but there's plenty of their products that are worth buying. The Mustang Cobra, espec the '03-04 Terminator. Their trucks, espec their Heavy-Duty lineup. And they're Harley trucks. I would def rock one. The there's their GT.And they have a lot of badass cars over in Europe and Australia that the US never got.

Quick Reply: only ford worth buying