South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV

South Carolina Motor Sports Park Open Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 11:07 AM
1st Gear
Default South Carolina Motor Sports Park Open Track Day

I split this from the "Forum Dead" thread so we can have all the info in one place. Basically, Carolina Motor Sports Park in Kershaw, SC (just north of Columbia) is having an open track day that myself and a couple others are considering attending. It's open to everyone no matter if your car is bone stock, like mine, or fully modified. I believe preregistration is required so please refer to the link at the bottom of this post. Novice drivers are required to enroll in the drivers ed group. I spoke with a buddy of mine and he told me that they understand that you're there to go fast and see what your car can do and their goal is to teach you the rules on a track, safety, etc and not slow you down. I'm planning to go up just on Sunday due to the price but I think it'll be well worth it. Below is the pricing and as you will see if we sign up together then we will get a larger discount. Please email me at audiTT@stephenson27.com if you plan to attend. If I get enough responses I'll call the track and find out the exact price. This weekend will put us two weeks out so we have to be registered by Friday.

http://www.turn1motorsports.com

Solo & Test-n-Tune
# Entry fee is $210 for single day/$325 for both days of two day events
# Early bird entry fee is $170 for single day/$285 for both days of two day events (entry FEE must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the event)

Drivers Ed (DE)
# Entry fee is $250 for single day/ $425 for both days of two day events.
# Early bird entry fee is $210 for single day/$385 for both days of two day events (entry FEE must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the event)
# This fee includes an instructor.
# No guarantee of entry later than 2 weeks prior to the event because of instructor availability

Package Specials
# 3 entries for $450
# 4 entries for $580
# 5 entries for $700
# Entry is for single day event or first day of two day events. Additional $115 charged for second day of two day event.
# Packages must be prepaid
# Dates of participation do not need to be identified at the time of purchase.
# Package purchases must be fully redeemed within the calendar year to avoid expiration.
# Prices do not include the instructor fee for DE participants. DE participants must pay $60 two weeks prior to the event.
taken from: http://www.turn1motorsports.com/t1m_price.php

Old 10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: South Carolina Motor Sports Park Open Track Day

As of now I have four, maybe five, cars going for sure without any from here. That makes the price $140 - $145 if you don't have to enroll in the drivers ed.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

I would love to go, but its quite a bit of $ for a college student such as myself.

I spend too much money on my car, lol!

Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

If anyone is interested please fax them your form no later than noon on thursday the 5th. The final price will be determined after the group size is established. Oh, please write "Hendrick" on one corner of the form so they know you're with this group and they will contact you via email as to the price. Hope to see some of you there.
Brian

Old 10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a blast this weekend! There were only 2 of us there with Audi's but 6 cars in the drivers ed group and a hand full of solos and test & tunes. I was very impressed with the way the TT handled on the track and I was able to not chew up my tires or wear my brakes too bad. Below are a couple pics from the day. Maybe next time the turn out will be better...

Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I really wish I could have gone, but my car's been in the shop for a week since my roommate totally fried the clutch. I'll definitely be up to go next time around!

Old 10-17-2006, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear

It sounded cool, but I ended up spending my weekend installing all new front control arms. Maybe nextime I will bring out the stocker for a few laps.