Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

02 S4 Tip vs. 04 G35 sedan manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 02 S4 Tip vs. 04 G35 sedan manual

well my car is getting a new torque convertor next week and I'm going to start saving up for a chip, but I don't know which brand to get? I'm thinking Dahlback since they posted the highest numbers I've seen on a stock car. 278 hp at the wheels and 387 lb ft. of torque. But how the heck do you order one of their chips for a car in america?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 AM

Not sure what the 02 S4 Tip's run stock but I can offer some knowledgeable insight on theG35 Sedan. A 2004 G35 Sedan 6MT runs a 14.3@98 stock. I ran a 14.1@99 on street tires with the only power adder being a intake spacer which is good for 10-14whp. (I had a JWT Cone Filter & a OEM coupe mid pipe but those dont add power, just sound). With bolt ons I ran the number in my sig. If the 02 S4 Tip runs that number stock then it should be a close race, down to driver really.I have seen two cars making the same power, same model, weight, etc run VERY different numbers. A good driver makes a world of difference. If you would like to see more times to get a better idea of what to expect check outTHIS THREADon the G35 Boards.

Hope this helps and best of luck. Please be safe.

P.S. This is my first thread here: I was at the drag strip a few weeks ago andthere was anA4running mid 12's @ 112mph. He said he was a "Stage 3" which I had no idea what that meant.His numberswere very impressive so here I am trying to learn more about the Audi

Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

Welcome, always nice to have a new member from a different car group or genre. You know what they say, 'keep your friends close, your enemies closer'. Haha, j/k. Nice car and numbers, and enjoy your stay......

Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
SoCal Crew Member

stage3+ = BT.

i assume a GT28...

Old 01-20-2008, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

Well the last time he was here there was snow on the ground and it wouldn't have been a fair race cuz of my quattro. Now his car is in the shop because it got in a little fender bender so he's getting a new front bumper and grille. He just ordered an INJEN intake and it's waiting till the car is out of the shop in 2 weeks to put it on. He now lives in VA but my wife is there now visiting, so if he brings her home to Ohio, maybe we can get a run. I rode in the car back around Christmas when I was in VA but I didn't bring the S4, it stayed in Ohio in my garage. The car feels quick and is louder than the S4 exhaust wise, but I don't know if it could take the S4 honestly. I mean we got on the highway and he got on it but I looked over and we had only went from 35 to about 60 so I don't know if he had it on the floor or not but the exhaust sure has a nice deep tone for a stock system. I didn't want to tell him I was trying to see how fast it is, I'm just trying to do secret research LOL. I never got a chance to drive it myself and I forgot to bring my G-Tech just in case.He let my wife drive it though and she says she thinks it will take the S, but I told her it may just feel faster because of the stick shift enhancing the feel of the car when you shift and then get back on the gas, whereas the S4 pulls the same during the shifts.

I think if he does beat me it won't be an *** whipping, but rather maybe 1/2 to 1 car total through a 1/4 mile. If my wife would get home and get a job instead of traveling all over the country visiting family I'd have a friggin chip by now.... I guess I'll go do the darintake mod before I see him again maybe that will help free up 3-4 hp on my car. I'm not sure how much I can expect the intake kit to boost his power, but at some point without boost (unless he turbo's or sc's the G35)I will own him if I keep modding the S4.

He knows how competitive I am (at anything from video games, to bowling, to playing pool) so I know he'd just love to hurt my feelings in a race. We are both in the Air Force and we both have a thing for luxury sport sedans, and he tried to hint to me about getting a G35 since this is his 2nd (his ex wife got the 03 G35 sedan auto, so he went out and bought an 04 6-speed). The G35 is a great car, but I just prefer German > Japanese. I've never owned a Jap car and I don't plan to start. I've always had american muscle or german luxury plus this is my 2nd Audi and I'm pretty much addicted to Audi's.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 AM
2nd Gear

Well, his intake gave him about 10hp, so it will help him, but not a whole lot. Prolly not enough to sway the results. It's gonna be real close. Def a driver's race. If you out-launch him from a dig, you'll hold him off. If you don't, you're prolly not gonna catch him. From a roll, he has the upperhand. But if even if you lose, it sounds like it's just friendly competition, so it's all good. When I had my 350Z, I was alwalys beating my friends, then they'd get a new mod and beat me, then I'd get a new mod and beat them, lol. It was a never ending cycle. Pretty fun.....

Off topic- Where are you stationed and what's your job???? Just curious, as I'm also Air Force.....

Old 01-21-2008, 02:28 AM
1st Gear

Stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. I'm a 3A working for the security forces squadron as a client support administrator (computer guy). My bro in-law is in the guard, he just moved to VA so to get transferred to Langley he has to retrain into something they have an opening for which looks like it's going to be imagery analysis (intel). He just got his bachelors degree this year so I told him he should try and apply to OTS.

Where are you stationed and whats your job.

Oh I'm an A1C and he's an SrA but he gets SSgt soon. Lucky him he doesn't have to test since he's guard and they give you staff.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:56 PM
2nd Gear

I'm at Minot AFB, North Dakota. I'm a 2A6x4. Aircraft Mainteneance. I'm a Fuel System mechanic on B-52 Stratofortress'.A1C, soon to put on SrA. Test for Staff next spring, and that's the furthest I'm going. After my enlistment is up, I'm out......[&:]

I hear Wright-Patt is a nice base. Minot sucks. I can't wait to get out of here. I put in to go to Japan, Italy, and Korea, so hopefully it will be soon.....

Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM
2nd Gear

I didnt think the G35 was that fast, or I thought the S4 was faster...let us know what happens when you race.