Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A6 2.7T vs LS2 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default A6 2.7T vs LS2 GTO

Leaving base a few days ago. Some guy in a 2.7T A6 (I'm guessing stock, not sure if it's auto or stick) decides to try and give my friend's GTO a run. The GTO is a 6MT w/ Diablo tune, JBA headers and exhaust. Going from a 40 roll to about 95 ish, the GTO was ahead by 5 or so cars. Those damn GM LSX's cannot be underestimated......

Old 11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 2.7T vs LS2 GTO

My 2002 WS6 Trans Am had a strong LS1 that went 13.20's stock and 12.80's with tires and exhaust/airlid. Those things pull like a freight train. The LS2 with it's LS6 style heads and 6500 RPM redline are even better, especially with those bolt ons. My slow A4 was able to hand a newer GTO it's *** in the twisties (I feel like a ricer saying that), but as soon as the road straightened out he was on my *** again in no time. Not sure if it was him not having the stones to push the car or the car's capabilities that lead to me owning him through the twisties, but in a straight line he would have had me by about 1/8 mile in a quarter mile race.

Mike

Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: gunmike1

My 2002 WS6 Trans Am had a strong LS1 that went 13.20's stock and 12.80's with tires and exhaust/airlid. Those things pull like a freight train. The LS2 with it's LS6 style heads and 6500 RPM redline are even better, especially with those bolt ons. My slow A4 was able to hand a newer GTO it's *** in the twisties (I feel like a ricer saying that), but as soon as the road straightened out he was on my *** again in no time. Not sure if it was him not having the stones to push the car or the car's capabilities that lead to me owning him through the twisties, but in a straight line he would have had me by about 1/8 mile in a quarter mile race.

Mike

You sound like a ricer, too...............

[8D]j/k

Welcome to the board. And nice taste; I used to own an LT1 WS6 'Vert......

Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

Speaking of LSx's and cornering, I just put up a couple youtube videos.

WARNING: There are no audis in the video and those that think American cars can't turn may be offended. Viewer discretion advised.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eoz0qkgGiFg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zzwDoYpOAwg

Enjoy. Sorry for the partial hijack scg87.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: scg87

You sound like a ricer, too...............

[8D]j/k

Welcome to the board. And nice taste; I used to own an LT1 WS6 'Vert......
You're right, I do sound like a ricer! This is a very sad point in my life! That is what I get for having a wife and daughter now and needing "practical" transportation. First, my 13 second Chevelle got stolen, then I sell my Trans Am in the name of practicality for a dog and a kid. Don't get me wrong, I like the A4 a lot (not to mention my family), but I really miss being able to rip off 12 second quarter miles whenever the thought strikes me. Now I'm dreaming of hitting the 15's by getting APR tuned, but can brag how at least the car handles decent.

I know the F bodies can handle reallynice when modded right, in fact I had a set of retuned Bilsteins and Eibach springs in my garage ready for install when I sold the car, and the Nitto R2 road race tires really helped the grip.Subframe connectors were another must, IMO. From the factory it had decent enough grip, the chassis was just a little floppy and it rolled and understeered too much. The Audi has some understeer, but the steering feels pretty good and the body doesn't roll too bad with the sport suspension. I have somelowering springs and Bilsteins along with some sway barson my wish list for the A4 now, but who knows what the wife will say the first time we hit a pothole with that set up. Oh well, a guy needs to have a little bit of sportiness to his ride.

Mike

Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, I fell you. I have a daughter on the way, so getting another sportscar is out of the question for now. As much as I like my Audi, I'm contemplating maybe looking into a Legacy GT or the new Pontiac G8 when it comes out. There are so many good cars on the market now, it sucks trying to chose one, lol........

Old 11-09-2007, 10:08 AM
4th Gear

The new pontiac GTO is awsome. Especially the ones with LS2 motors, dual exhaust, hoodscopes.

And they took the biggest hits ever, you can pick one up for 18k with low miles from a private seller.

Seems like the sorta car I'd shoot for if i was twenty-something years old

Old 11-10-2007, 07:45 AM
2nd Gear

I would be interested in one..if insurance wouldnt kill me...

Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 AM
4th Gear

Yeah, insurance is gonna rape me hard. Unless im 25 and wait for the "Big drop"

**** **** ****[&:]

Old 11-14-2007, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Amze

Yeah, insurance is gonna rape me hard. Unless im 25 and wait for the "Big drop"

**** **** ****[&:]
I think the big drop comes when you're 26. I hit 25 and my rates are still freak'n high :/