Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Honda Civic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Last Place - just "necause"
Default Honda Civic's

What is up with these Honda Civic's today? It seems every time I'm beside one that they think they can out run me. Sometimes I think that BIG tailpipe has gone to their heads.

Sound bad=fast car....... NOT!

I'll usually let them take the first light and win by half a car length. At the second light I'll look over, shake my head and then wave to them. At the green I'll hand them their @sses.

The other night the wife and son were with me. We had just finished dinner and were on our way home. We stop behind one at a red light (2 way traffic on this road). The wife starts to comment on how stupid they sound and stink with that tailpipe. I told her that wasn't the only thing stupid about those drivers. She asked why and I told her you will see at the green.

At the green he pulls out slowly and shifts early into 2nd and then punches it. I shift to second at about 4k rpms and then follow him at 1.5 car lengths. This guy is winding out his gears doing what looks like his best top pull away from me. We have about .5 miles until the next light. He never got more then what we started at 1.5 car lengths ahead of me. At this light he decides to turn up this hill, which happens to be the direction we were heading. Again he tries his best to get away and this time I have to back off because I'm catching him.

At the next light I turned to the boy and said, "This is a perfect example of what not to do when you get your license". The wife is laughing her @ss off.

Now I will have to admit there were a few time when those civic's gave me a good run, but they have never beaten me yet.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:21 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Honda Civic's

ya i love those civics too, have a huge muffler and think their cars run 10 seconds. ive seen like 1 or 2 around that r sick, but ya i never lost to a civic

Old 03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear

well then you guys live in the middle of nowhere. I have gotten KILLED by civics before. You can't give all honda drivers a bad wrap just because there are a lot of idiots who drive them. JFYI, your 3.0 is pretty slow too.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:11 PM

light weight ricer with no class, not that bad for a small ladies car

Old 03-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Last Place - just "necause"

OK, I won't disagree with that. While I do live outside the city, it is always in the city that I run up against these cars. I'm not trying to give these cars a bad rap just their drivers.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

I'll agree with you there on the most part.