Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Modded V8 S4 vs Modded 06 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Default Modded V8 S4 vs Modded 06 350Z

Let me first preface this and say that I LOVE the S4 and in no way am bashing it...One of my new co-workers had a yellow 04-05 S4...He has a chip and intake..

I have an 06 Z and dyno numbers are in my sig w/bolt ons and a tune. On a dyno jet I should be around 290whp...and my volks are lighter then my stock rims...

I ask him if he fools around at all and if he'd be interested in a highway roll..He say sure..

So we go on the highway and we are at approx 60 mph..Im in 3rd at about 4k ..not sure where he was..As soon as the 3rd honk goes we are off..I immediately pull about a car on him through 3rd then shift to 4th and pull maybe a half or 1 car more...then we shut down at about 110mph..nothing too crazy..

I was really suprised that I did pull him..I thought for sure it would have been a real close tie or maybe he would edge me...what do those S4's usually trap at w/those mods..I have not been to a track yet...I also dont know what gear he was in...I will find out at work tomorrow..

Great car though...I want one !!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Modded V8 S4 vs Modded 06 350Z

Those results sound about right to me. I had an '06 Z w/ a few bolt-ons, and that's abouthow a race betwen me and my friend's stock '04 S4 would end up. Considering you have more mods than me, but the S4 is also modded, that's the outcome I'd expect. His AWD hurts him from a highway roll. He might just take you from a dig, though......

BTW, from one Z driver to another- nice ride. Trim level, color, etc???????

Old 10-05-2007, 10:49 PM

I suck at uploading pics...but Ill try..

base model, silver alloy, blitz wing, blacked out emblems and door handles...

thanks for the info..

Old 10-06-2007, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

Hah, what a coincidence. Mine was a Silver Alloy Coupe. Base model. It was lowered, and had JWT pop-charger, Motordyne intake plenum and plenum spacer, and NISMO exhaust. They're fun cars, enjoy yours......

Old 10-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Yeah im lowered too...hks exhaust though...and i have a utec/tune

Old 10-07-2007, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

^ Nice. I really wanted the ARC Titanium system, but NO exhaust is worth $3K+......

Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

contrary to popular belief on this board, audi's are not the fastest car on the planet. they were never designed to be. sporty... maybe. but to a car thats made as a sports car they are nothing but lunch. affordable luxury cars. get used to it.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Phantomfe3

contrary to popular belief on this board, audi's are not the fastest car on the planet. they were never designed to be. sporty... maybe. but to a car thats made as a sports car they are nothing but lunch. affordable luxury cars. get used to it.
And what the hell do you drive Mr. Audis Sucks *****? A honda civic with a big fadedVTech sticker on the side ofit? There are pleanty of Audis out there that will blow your little weener car(what ever it is) out of the water.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM
1st Gear

dont get me wrong, im sure there is, but the amount of audis out there that are faster than mine is nothing compared to the amout out there that are just wannabe's and would get smoked because audis are not meant to race. not to mention i only have a little over6 grand into my z28 (including the car) and even though i dont consider my car 'fast' by any means, its 'quick' into the mid 13's, and even that can be difficult to reach for the majority of audis ive seen. and dont evan say its slow in the corners. just because a car has AWD doesnt mean its automatically god at a road course track. i know my car was built forgeneral performance (not luxury), and just because i have it setup to go in a straight line doesnt mean i cant put it back to where itll handle like it supposed to through a turn

bottom line, i bought my audi not to race but to have a nice car to drive to work, the grocery store, maybe cruise a little. which is what they were meant to do. nothin against them, i love my audi so far, but the sooner you realize it was never meant to race, the sooner you will stop looking stupid

Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
SoCal Crew Member

usually if you want a fine race car, you're going to have to sacrifice luxury.

... and on the contrary, if you want a luxury car, you're going to have to sacrifice the racing amenities.

i say an audi gets the best of both worlds. fast (but not the fastest) and luxurious (but not the most luxurious)but then again, if you go BT + a tune on an audi, you will be smoking evo's and sti's all while eating foreign cheese's and caviar in the comfort of a luxury car.

Quick Reply: Modded V8 S4 vs Modded 06 350Z