Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

my first A4 kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Default my first A4 kill

just bought my B5 tqm on Wednesday, and had my first kill on the way home from work yesterday.
mine-bone stock unmolested '97 A4 1.8t manual Quattro
the victim- mid 90's Acura Integra, manual, with a turbo kit/fart can muffler/nitrous purge kit(possibly nitrous, but with a really bad driver that couldn't shift worth a s hit)

here's how it went down:
Honda-boy revs profusely indicating he needs a reality check, I turn off A/C/ roll windows up, and hold 3500 rpms until the light changes.
I got him off the line, he took me in 2nd, neck to neck in third until he shifted and I took the lead, 4th I started to pull away and by about 90-100 I was pulling away by a few car lengths. within a mile I had about10-12 car lengths FTW, engine braked and braked hard for the next light

Weline up to the next light where the kid yells "I'm putting down over 500 horsepower! What did you DO to that Audi!!!"
and I replied "I just bought it and it's BONE STOCK, I can't wait to start modding this car to make it fast!"
-he babbles a couple excuses ranging from boost leaks to air/fuel ratio, light changes and I spank him again throughout the next mile and a half.

First things first, I NEED to fix my steering problem and change the timing belt (112k on the original timing belt is worrying the hell out of me, as it should)
I haven't got any suggestions yet on my other posts, but my steering is fine at slow speeds, by 55-65mph it gets squirrel-ie and by 75-80+ it's downright dangerous.
I've never had steering that was like this, and I can only describe it as being WAY too sensitive.
at 80mph, moving the steering wheel a mere 1/8" puts you in the next lane! Any advice as to what the problem could be would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Also, does anyone make/sell a Kevlar timing belt for these cars?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Guru
Default RE: my first A4 kill

dude.... i call bs, cause even with a crappy driver, if he has a turbo teg... and nitrous.... he would of spanked you, unless he just gave up

and as for the steering... audi's have sensitive steering....and if you think it is squirley at 85... wtf are you "raceing" to over 100?

what a douche

Old 04-12-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

rofl

Old 04-13-2008, 12:25 AM
2nd Gear

So you beat what should be an 11-12 sec car w/ your stock 150hp 17 sec car w/ 112K miles??? Uhmm, yeah. Anyone else having trouble believing this one????[&o]

Old 04-13-2008, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

Anotherone bites the dust... Keeep up the movement...Audi's Rule...

Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

One of the funniest things i've read

Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

It is only natural huh???

Old 04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: TurboRhatt

Anotherone bites the dust... Keeep up the movement...Audi's Rule...
you are funny, cause you believe it

Old 04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

True I do beleive it because I know the vehicles are well made...I have had many german cars and have worked on them as well... Don't get me wrong I know these Japanese cars are quick and really do the job...I grew up in Japan so I know what goes into a true Japanese car...but when I lived in Germany I learned that they are a great vehicle as well...

I say movement because I think that German cars need to keep going on and on to where they are in Europe, the American Car Companies are not producing the iron they used to and they are selling out to the produce it for nothing in a nowhere country and bringing it back here to put together and sell for top dollar...if they would bring back the old muscule cars I would be a fanatic to them as well...

Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

Well made has nothing to do with a supposeable 350hp deficit, be real.
Integras, truth be told are less finicky. Would I rather have the A4? Hell yes. But lets be real. Audi are finicky cars, it is half the fun. It doesnt really bother me, its usually naggy, stupid BS, but it still exist.
The A4 sounds nice, but I beleive you are trying to feed us a smorgasborg of BS. Sorry.

Quick Reply: my first A4 kill