Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Neck and neck with an Integra?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Neck and neck with an Integra?

What's up guys? I tangled with what looked to be a mid 90's Integra on an empty highway about a month ago from roughly a 50 mph roll. Just to give you all an idea, I'm running an APR stage 1, cat back 3" custom pipe with Magnaflow muffler and a GFB hybrid set to about 75% recirculate on my 98.5 A4 1.8TMQ, but otherwise I'm stock. Anyway, this douche does a couple typical ricer flybys to get my attention, and after the second one, I gave in. He looked like he was completely stock, although it did sound a little throatier, which I attributed to a fart can or intake or both. Either way, I thought I would walk on this guy no problem. So like I said, we started at about 50, and I believe I was in 3rd at the time. He beeps his horn three times and we're off. When we start, I'm just a bit out of boost which was my mistake, but once the turbo started to spool, Iassumed the race would be over. Not the case. He hung with me to about 110 or sowhen I shut it down. I heard no turbo or supercharger from the integra. I don't know how I would have known if he had nitrous, but how the hell did that happen? Was I wrong to think this wouldn't be much of a race? I'm a good driver, I've been driving a manuel for about ten years now and have been in a few races before this. I'm just a little stumped as to how this occured, I mean we were neck and neck until the end. And before I put my flame suit on, let me say I normally don't do that sort of thing on public roads, but it was about 2 AM on a highway I know like the back of my hand with literally just us two, and I was the only one in the car, no othercars on the roadat all. Anyway, I'm stumped, so any ideas as to how he stayed with me for so long would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Neck and neck with an Integra?

GSR's respond well to mods? They break into the 14's with basic bolt ons.

If it was a rare type R integra, it's a low 14 second car stock, one of the best power to weight ratio vehicles out there besides an s2000.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

Probably a motor swapped car. A stock K20 can run high 13s in an Integra. I'm no Honda guy but I know there are other engines too. Add the bolt ons and you have a very good sleeper if you leave it looking stock.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:56 AM
1st Gear

unless the guy was spraying (and I didn't smell it if he was) that car was all motor. It wasn't anything nice to look at, definately not a Type R, in fact I don't even remember any VTEC badges on the back, so I'm guessing it was just an SOHC unless, like Z06 said, it had a motor swap. I'll behonest, I was a little embarrassed that i didn't wax his ***, but i guess depending on what he had under his hood, he might be even more embarrassed about me keeping up with him! Correct me if I'm wrong here, but there's no way a stock mid ninties Integra (probably non VTEC) could keep up withme, right? Sorry, its just that this has really been bothering me since it happened, I just need some reassurance that a **** box under normal circumstances couldn'trun withmy A4 with the upgrades I've done. **** it, I should have just bought an S4!!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

GS-Rs ran 15s. Lesser models were 16 second cars. =not fast =not faster than you.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear

If he had a motor-swap (such as B18, K20, etc), he probably should have had you. It was prolly a lower level 'Teggy w/ some decent bolt-ons....

Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 AM
1st Gear

Bottom line, from what everyone is saying, there's absolutely no way he was stock. Just knowing he must have been running something else (motor swap) or whatever is all I need to know. I'm not as upset at myself anymore . I guess the lesson learned here is that it's time for the APR stage 3...

Old 08-15-2007, 03:18 PM
2nd Gear

Or time to buy an Integra.....[8D]

Old 08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear

Only if it has a fart can and VTEC stickers all over it [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear

The only ones worth buying, my man......[8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Neck and neck with an Integra?