Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New mustang 4.0 and my poor audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New mustang 4.0 and my poor audi

What car do you have??

Old 03-04-2007, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

yea sorry i tried to reply but the comp froze up and didnt know if it did or not.

like i said... positive it was a v6... but hey they have 190 to 200 hp depending on the year and he had an exhaust.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

Mustangs are not impressive until you start modding them. Rolling targets you could'nt have hung with any of the mostangs I had. Your audi's are not that impressive eihter. You guys are comparing apples to oranges. Why do people always bring in to play they beat a mustang big deal there are so many of them out there you don't even know what your pulling up to unless they are some hillbilly without a hood. Even if the 19 year old hockey puck tells you he has this and that does'nt mean he has it. I heard so many kids tell me they had a intake this that and the other. Then after you smoke them and they pop the hood all the have short throw cai flowmasters and gears. Then you just let them keep rambling on about all the bs they say they have and laugh about it later. Oh I like both.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: slopony

Mustangs are not impressive until you start modding them. Rolling targets you could'nt have hung with any of the mostangs I had. Your audi's are not that impressive eihter. You guys are comparing apples to oranges. Why do people always bring in to play they beat a mustang big deal there are so many of them out there you don't even know what your pulling up to unless they are some hillbilly without a hood. Even if the 19 year old hockey puck tells you he has this and that does'nt mean he has it. I heard so many kids tell me they had a intake this that and the other. Then after you smoke them and they pop the hood all the have short throw cai flowmasters and gears. Then you just let them keep rambling on about all the bs they say they have and laugh about it later. Oh I like both.
Whatever the hell that post is supposed to mean.......[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM

scg87 is going to give me **** for this but i beat a 40th aniversery gt by about a half a length but it was a auto convertible. and the other night i beat a 01 mustang gt bullit with exhaustfrom a forty roll and i had him by like fender. and scg87 im not making this up so yeah.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
3rd Gear

I had a 5.0 that had nothing done to it with 140k running 14.4 in quaters. Was smoking all the camaros and imports at the time. I miss it. It was a fun car. Just need to chip mine with dual exhaust and maybe a intake and 13's here i come! I will welcome mustangs

Old 04-16-2007, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

ford cant make a good automatic trans for their lives, might as well not even bother racing them. when me and my friend were both stock, my 00 (100k miles) vs his 04 auto stang (15k miles). keep in mind identical engine size 231c.i., hp/tq ratings, and transmission, andi pulled him by 3 cars before third... gm > ford at just about everything.
but the manual stangs will give you a run for your money as indicated by the original topic starter

Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 00firebird

ford cant make a good automatic trans for their lives, might as well not even bother racing them. when me and my friend were both stock, my 00 (100k miles) vs his 04 auto stang (15k miles). keep in mind identical engine size 231c.i., hp/tq ratings, and transmission, andi pulled him by 3 cars before third... gm > ford at just about everything.
but the manual stangs will give you a run for your money as indicated by the original topic starter
Please restate and don't make false statments ford can't make a good aod or aode. Last time I check the c4 and c6 were damn good autos.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
1st Gear

Funny how nobody ever seems to loose to mustangs. Or maybe they just don't talk about those times. Back when I had mustangs and street raced, I won about 90% of the time. No joke. Of course, I wasn't stupid enouph to race cars that were faster than mine. One time I showed up at the roadcourse on a day that the SVT club was there. I was passing '03-'04 Cobras two and three at a time. That was fun. There was a new GT 500 behind me on the grid driven by a guy who siad he was a professional race car driver. I told him I would let him pass on the first lap so he could have the open track. He siad, "okay, but you havea faster car than me." No disrepect to them, but I am happy to have moved up the ladder. '01 Z06, by the way.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Z06guy

Funny how nobody ever seems to loose to mustangs. Or maybe they just don't talk about those times. Back when I had mustangs and street raced, I won about 90% of the time. No joke. Of course, I wasn't stupid enouph to race cars that were faster than mine. One time I showed up at the roadcourse on a day that the SVT club was there. I was passing '03-'04 Cobras two and three at a time. That was fun. There was a new GT 500 behind me on the grid driven by a guy who siad he was a professional race car driver. I told him I would let him pass on the first lap so he could have the open track. He siad, "okay, but you havea faster car than me." No disrepect to them, but I am happy to have moved up the ladder. '01 Z06, by the way.

Corvette Z06 FTMFW!!!!!

I wanted a Z06 before I got my car, but...... IDK why I didn't get one really. They're badass cars.Funny how the guy w/ the GT500 admitted your car was faster. They know they're place on the feeding chain. Corvette<Mustang, haha.

I've been beat by Mustangs before, several times. I've beat more than I've lost too, though.Personally, I hate Mustangs, but they're good cars. Espec for street racing.

Quick Reply: New mustang 4.0 and my poor audi