Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Recent fun dustings...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default Recent fun dustings...

Just this morning comming into work had a fun go with a new 911 carrera soft top. I had actually let him merge in front of me (why not - I'm a curteous driver...) and he was doing this shoot up slow down shoot up again thing in front of me while I just cruised with the traffic. Then at a right turn at the light he powers it on...wellll...I do the same and basically blow by him on the right...much to his suprise and great humbling! lol....and I certainly enjoyed it. A few weeks ago I managed to stick like glue to the tail of a (again fairly late model) 911 Turbo convertable on some country roads...he couldn't lose me for anything - twisties, straight aways...he'd pull maybe a car length or two on intitial acceleration before (my turbos really kicked in and) I'd real him in...we never reached triple digits but it was very clear he didn't have much, if anything, on me...more great fun!

And last night I had some fun with a little honda/acura not sure which? It was very heavily modded..) - ricer extordinaire (and don't get me wrong here - I actually like a lot of what some folks do to the honda's etc...and this guy's little white one was really done up - super low ride, big white wing, big white wheels - yup all in white...OK - fine...a bit borderline - but loked pretty sharp really...)...anyway I had noticed him weaving a bit and driving fast in traffic ahead of me....I eventually pull up along side of him just as we broke the traffic. I was cruising steady and he was keeping just with me...came to a light just as it was changing - I stopped...he barreled through as yellow changed to red. OK - fine - but I was curious if he was more then just show (he did have that very loud ricer rasp going...) and was somewhat disapointed to not have the chance to have a go with him ...well what do you know I catch him at the left turn at the next light just before it changes to green - I was already planning to make a left - but I thought sweeet - now we'll see what he has....and though he tried awfly hard...well it wasn't even close (can one say about 15-20 car lengths in the 1/4 - 1/2! ...he also tried to keep in front of me and not let me by...crossing back and forth from lane to lane a bit...the left went into a 4 lane highway with two lanes our side...so I had to push around him...and di it with gusto!)....yup...enjoyed that one as well...the little blue wagon does good....once again...and always!

I should say I don't believe in dangerous high speed racing (in traffic & such...and nothing is worth going into dangerous situations...)...but the occasional hammer-on I find to be great fun and quite invigorating...what can I say...?

Old 10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Recent fun dustings...

i like to hear about the 911's, but the civic story isnt all too thrilling. i used to be a honda guy, and most of the cars that are nicer looking, are slow as hell. its the dropped little hatch with exhaust that you need to look out for. i know lots of people with turbo civics and stuff, and they belive in go alot more then show.

i like to hear the stories tho, glad your having fun!

Old 10-19-2004, 10:43 PM
4th Gear

okay one time i meet up with two other of my friends at a gas station (02 WRX) and (ford torus SHO). After we rolled out of there and were hauling *** on the on ramp. We were play leep frog with other cars on the highway, shooting in and out of traffic at 130 miles an hour, we did it for about 5 mintues, most fun ever.
Another time on the way to work i went on a main road to a stop light, then a evo 8 pulled next to me. we looked at eachother, when the light turned green we took off once again in and out of traffic passing in the break down lane. most fun ive ever had. when i had to pull off he nodded and he took off again.
-sounds boring but it was the most fun ive had

Old 10-23-2004, 04:48 AM
4th Gear

tonight i raced a 3000gt. we started off the line, gas half way down, then we looked at eachother and hit the gas, switching into gears we ripped down the street, surprizngly i kept up i was 1/2 car length behind the whole way. 3000gt=222 horsepower a4=190. so i was surprized. after we got up to 100 mph we got off the gas and i pulled off the road to get to my friends house. i will get him back

Old 10-29-2004, 03:10 PM

I took a wrx yesterday in the new and improved a4. had him from the stop.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:24 PM
4th Gear

what have you done to your 1.8T?

Old 11-03-2004, 03:28 PM

Shcrick camshafts,increaded compression from 9.5:1 to 9.8:1, 440cc RC Engineering injectors, aluminum valve springs, titanium valves with a swirl head pattern, heavy duty hydralic rollers, ported and polished Head, ported and polished Intake/exhaust manifolds, ported and polished and 10 degree clipped K04-25, Giac 1.5, Greddy front mount intercooler, intercooler sprayer and fuel cooler, greddy oil cooler, DCK Motorsports CAI, DCK Motorsports no restriction exhaust system, Short shifter, carbon composite drive shafts, ceramic wheel and hub bearings, aluminum flywheel, and 6-point clutch,Enkei RS6 wheels with Falkin Azenis Sport tires.

Im sure theres more that i cant think of right now

Old 11-04-2004, 03:10 AM
4th Gear

damn bro thats sick. how much horses u think ur pushing?

Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 AM

Dont know, Dont care. im happy with my performance. I dynod my last setup at 360HP you can see the dyno chart in the photo album section

Old 11-06-2004, 12:51 AM
4th Gear

damn kid thats sick, how much torque?

Quick Reply: Recent fun dustings...