Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Silly Audi A4 3.0...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Silly Audi A4 3.0...

ok so last weekand I'm on my way home from a party around 1am and there is no one on the road and I pull up to a stop light where an B6 Audi 1.8T is sitting waiting for green. Funny the longest lights always seem to be at night when no one else is on the road. Anyway he revs his engine at me and looks over, obviously he either couldn't tell the difference between his A4 and my S4 in the dark or he was so crazy he thought he could beat me with half the ponies. When the light flipped green he launched his car and I just kept pace with him the whole way until the next light (making sure I was even or a little bit ahead). Then at the next light he egged my on again. So this time when he launched his car I just sat still for about 2 seconds and let him feel like he was winning, then he got his *** handed to him. The look on his face when he finally caught up at the next light was priceless!

Old 09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Silly Audi A4 3.0...

ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

A B6 3.0 thought he'd play with me today. Very funny.

He would come from behind and whizz by me then brake and wait for me to pass him. As I passed him he got on the gas and did the whizz pass again, then brake. All the time, I'm doing a steady 65mph.

On my third pass, he started to get on the gas again, so I gently tapped the go pedal. My exhaust rumbled and I began to gently walk away (no need to completely embarrass a fellow Audiphile). When I got one car length on him, he dropped off. I don't know if he was just egging me on to gas it or if he really thought he was a contender. Anyway, it was a silly kill.
Sounds like he had an Auto.

I've found i have been able to do well with my 6 speed.

Regardless. sounds like the dude bit off more than he could chew.

I've got a bmw 330 up the hill i see him every other day or so.

I think it infuriates him that i walked away from him on the free way. Even though i know his car is more than enough to take me... He's got a sport auto, and me a 6 speed manual.

Life is good...