Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

200 20v front camber options...2bennett?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Default 200 20v front camber options...2bennett?

Are there any DIY or camber adjustment solutions for the 5000 , 200 application. The only one I've seen is the 2bennett system"revolution". I'm going with Koni sports and am considering whether to do the 2bennett coil program or just get h&r's. Either way, the camber has to be dealt with. Any Ideas?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 200 20v front camber options...2bennett?

I had a similar dilemma. My 1988 90 had Johan Abt springs with custom valved Bilstein struts. I wanted more adjustment to compensate for lowering the car. I tried the 2Bennett adjustable upper strut mounts with those springs but the result was not good. They are designed to work with the 2Bennett coil over set up and Koni's, not Bilsteins. With my springs and struts there was a lot of binding noises. There are no other camber or caster adjustable upper strut mounts available for our cars.
Eventually I popped for the whole 2Bennett program, and now I am glad I did. Their springs are custom wound and match the car's weight very well. There is no freeway hop at all on severe washboard freeway pavement, and with the wheels off the ground the ride height adjustment collars can be turned by hand. The damping adjustment on the front struts protrudes through the upper strut mount so this adjustment may be changed easily. The rear struts require removal on my car, but mine is a front driver with a twist beam in back. All in all this is a better set up than the Abt springs and Bilstein's. For under two grand installed ( at the 2Bennett premises ) this was a worth while modification. You will love your car's balance afterward. Mine now corners dead flat with no bump steer at all. Bitchen!