Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Bouncing In My Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Bouncing In My Seat

Hello all, I have an issue with my car, hence why I am here.
First of all I'm a DIY person, but just had surgery on my wrist, and cant do to much now, but when I took my car to get a quote on the timing belt, this stupid shop wanted to inspect my car, and put my car on the racks and lifted it in the air, well after they did that, i got in my car, found a better place for the work. and then on my way home, I noticed that the suspension isn't right. My steering response seemed less, and then the most noticeable was that I was bouncing in my seat, it was worse than riding in any truck I've been in. So, my initial thought was that they did something(hopefully not) but then thinking about it, with the miles on my car, 80k, 97 A4 1.8T, and I know the bushings and tie rods go out because of the design issues. So did having the car off its weight and letting the suspension "rest" and hang, did that just cause things to go, the bushings and so forth to go? Has anybody else had this problem? I found a Supsension Control Arm kit, online and was thinking to get it and have a friend help me do it, but I just wanted a 2nd opinion on things. I'm dropping a lotta money on this timing belt job/others and I wanna save as much as possible.