Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

h&r cup kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Default h&r cup kit

i've got an 2.8 stock a4(1998). what about the h&r cup kit? each shock and spring comes assembled together and i think a set of 4 only costs $550. i live in charleston, sc and the roads are pretty harsh. koni yellows are awesome...for autocross. even adjusted as soft as they can go, they're still real stiff...at least on my buddy's civic(koni yellow adjustables w/ eibach springs). he does have super thin, z rated tires, but i don't like the thought of going over a speed bump and having my cd player skip. the h&r cup kit has, i believe, a 2" drop on the front and 1.7" in the back. i've heard good things, but never from an audi owner/driver. any info/suggestions? i'm keeping the stock wheels on for now. i bought it last year and the tires have tons of tread still on em'.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: h&r cup kit

$550.00, buy them....
I have not seen them less that $1600.00

Old 04-02-2006, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Wow that's a good price where did you see it for that price. The cheapest I've seen them for is in the ball park of $800. I have the cup kit but haven't installed them yet I just got them.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 AM
1st Gear

if you paid more then 600 then you got robbed.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:36 PM
2nd Gear

uh oh, confllicting data

error, error!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
1st Gear

Lets clear some things up before someone ends up buying something they don't need. The cup kit is an "economical" suspension set up for the front trak guys. It lowers you car slightly, but you will still have more body roll then expected. Not as much as stock, but they are not as good as a bilstein/h&r set or coilovers. They can be found 550-600. THe bilstein/h&r set up will run you about 800 if you want them grooved, and coilovers can be found 1000+ depending on what company you like. Koni, FK, H&R and many others. The cup kits are good if you want a little more performance and want to handle the bumps if the other set ups are too harsh. Many find them too soft.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Poopie

Lets clear some things up before someone ends up buying something they don't need. The cup kit is an "economical" suspension set up for the front trak guys. It lowers you car slightly, but you will still have more body roll then expected. Not as much as stock, but they are not as good as a bilstein/h&r set or coilovers. They can be found 550-600. THe bilstein/h&r set up will run you about 800 if you want them grooved, and coilovers can be found 1000+ depending on what company you like. Koni, FK, H&R and many others. The cup kits are good if you want a little more performance and want to handle the bumps if the other set ups are too harsh. Many find them too soft.
maybe the H&R cup kit is good for me then? I'd like a performance gain, and to lower my car as well, but ride comfort is very important to me

Old 07-10-2006, 02:18 PM

i don't even think h&r makes a cup kit to fit my 98a42.8quatt. doesn't even give the cup kit as an option. i think i'm going with either the bilstien/h&r sort spring combo or the koni/h&r sport spring combo. it's not that i don't have to money to spend on coilovers or anything. but i live in charleston and the roads are bumpy and rough and i don't want my drive to work to be a cd skipping frenzy. i want the response, but i need a little cushion for the not so smooth roads i drive on the daily.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:30 AM
2nd Gear

Where did you see them for 550??? cheapest place I saw them was Tire rack for 683 shipped.... Im hesitant to get these because the roads in socal suck and im afraid that im going to ruin my under carraige by getting these... I want a smooth ride w/ no gap and decent daily driving suspension... Thats why im starting to consider something else.. what do you guys think, its for me??