Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Raise an A4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Raise an A4?

I just bought a used A4 quattro and the car is lowered. I am not a big fan of lowered cars since this thing is so low I have barely any clearance and I will hit every speed bump I go over. Anyway, is it hard to raise the car back up? How would I go about doing it?

Old 11-07-2006, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Raise an A4?

There are 2 main ways on doing this.
#1: Get Stock Stock Springs And Remount = Best Way, average in cost since you can probably get from local junkyard, takes some time.

#2: Use Spring Spacers = Easy way out, very cheap, you can also get adjustable spacers.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:52 AM
3rd Gear

ohh noooooo, dont raise it back up, im sure it looks gorgeous with the stance, just accept the fact that your car looks better cuz you dont have that nasty wheel gap and watch for huge bumps...

Old 01-06-2007, 02:11 AM

My car is really low to I allready fixed my side skirts and am going to repaint soon.My car loves rubbing the pavement and at the same time I always loved to ride low.Where can you find spring spacers that may be my solution or go to sport setup.I think the ride with the spacers would work. What do you know or think or think you know?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: VW01AUDI00

My car is really low to I allready fixed my side skirts and am going to repaint soon.My car loves rubbing the pavement and at the same time I always loved to ride low.Where can you find spring spacers that may be my solution or go to sport setup.I think the ride with the spacers would work. What do you know or think or think you know?
Jeez.....ive never had to use the spring blocks/spacers but id say your local part store might have them, do you have a lordco, or Napa near you?

Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM

I'm pretty set on buying some neuspeed sport springs 1.5 drop in front and rear $200.00 at rapid parts .My friend was putting a set on his new VW Rabbit this weekend if the car looks good and rides good thats what I'll go with .I like the car low but its an every day driver and I usally have weight in the trunk so the slammed look doesn't work.I have 16' wheels with proper tires and they rub off the exit ramps or tight corners.Trust me I would love to leave it alone but driving in Conneticut is ruff .

Old 01-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Guru

what year is your car if you go higher i will take your lowered springs/c/o's off your hands, find out what the price is for stock set-up and i will pay shipping plus, make me a good deal

Old 01-10-2007, 10:00 PM

My cars a 2000 A4 1.8tQ the springs are purple I think they are eibach or something like that. I just put on cross drilled rotors and control arm and when I was down there I was cleaning everything up.The paint on the springs was flaking off and there was some rust underneath.I'm not sure if that would effect them to much if you cleaned them up. When I get new springs I'll post picks of how the car was sitting and the springs condition.I'll give them to you if you want um very cheap name your price and there yours.I'll remember your post I probaly order them with in a week or two.Also an update on my buddy with the new VW Rabbit snapped the last strut mount when cranking down the very last one.My friend who should have know to use a torque rachet instead of making $100 bucks is now shelling out $300 for a new one.Always torque to proper specs if you got the tools it will save you some money and frustration.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

Consider upgrading your springs and shocks to something like our Vogtland/KONI Suspension kit. This kit is a fantastic upgrade for the suspension. It keeps the car are at a very usable ride height, about .75" lower than the factory sport suspension. You won't have any ground clearance problems, but you'll have a great looking and handling car.

Check out our website for some other options!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:21 AM

Well you got me thinking and I think I like the H&R sport springs 1.3 F 1.0 R. All the other springs have the same drop but I like the higher spring in the rear because I carry tools and speaker box should even it out.

Quick Reply: Raise an A4?