Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Rear Bushes from Auddi A4 B5 FWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 02:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Rear Bushes from Auddi A4 B5 FWD

Hi folks! So, recently i changed the rear bushings on a Auddi A4 B5 1.9 TDI AFN engine FWD year 1998, and i came accross a big issue. So basically the car started doing an annoying creaking sound in the back suspension 2 months after i changed the axle bushings i lubed them and they got quiet for about two weeks then the problem came back, today i jacked her up to see what was going on, and i noticed that both bushings were rotating inside the bore of the axle where they get pressed in... Pretty much a hell of a work to take it all out again, and for my bigger surprise both the bushes came out really easly , just by hand... I wonder if anyone else had this same problem here and whats the better solution. Is it worth it to put new bushings back on and hope this situation wont happen again or is it better to get a junkyard axle with the bushes in a good condition? My concern is if the bores from the axle i have are worn and the new bushings will be to loose, when i took the other bushes out they seemed very worn but the iron on the bores seems to be fine and measuring with a vernier they seem to be on the right measure, cant say the same about the bushes though..

This a photo from another thread just to exemplify what bushing i am talking about.

Last edited by AuddiPT; 03-27-2023 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:56 AM
1st Gear

Consider replacing the rear axle bushings with new ones and ensure proper installation techniques to prevent rotation. If the problem persists, explore the option of acquiring a junkyard axle with intact bushings for a more reliable solution. Verify bore measurements for wear to ensure a secure fit with the new bushings.