Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Shocks / Struts advice

Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Shocks / Struts advice

Hello fellas, brand new to this forum so be gentle.

I'm going to try and make this really short for convenience all around.

Three questions here:

1.) Which of these are Shocks, and which are Struts?

http://www.blauparts.com/assets/allr...nsion_kit2.jpg

2.) Which car is it for exactly?

(Here is some information:

Audi Allroad Suspension – Allroad Air Suspension Conversion Kit )

3.) How much would each be worth independently? They only come in a set, for $1,000. How much would the set of two Struts, or set of two Shocks sell for individually if sold? (Brand new.)

Allroad Suspension - Audi Allroad Air Suspension

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by SPNarwhal; 05-17-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:07 PM
4th Gear

welcome to the board. First off your link dosent work. And second what exactly are you trying to achieve? Just to replace your struts?

Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pa4ul View Post
welcome to the board. First off your link dosent work. And second what exactly are you trying to achieve? Just to replace your struts?
Whoops! I gave the link name but didn't attach the link, forgot to do the codes.
All better!

Nope, I'm actually planning on selling these but I don't know exactly what I have. Which is why I'm trying to find out if I have the Shocks or Struts, which car they go to exactly, and how much they're worth.

I only have the two Shocks, or the two Struts, but not both sets.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 PM
4th Gear

if they are adjustable then its a coilover kit. are the springs attached to the strut?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pa4ul View Post
if they are adjustable then its a coilover kit. are the springs attached to the strut?
Is it a strut then? I've tried to be as detailed in my first post as I possibly could, but apparently nobody understands what I'm asking or saying.

The coil is pre-installed, as shown in both of my links.

Allroad Suspension - Audi Allroad Air Suspension

This is the exact set I have, but I only have two of the four. So I either have the Struts or I have the Shocks, but which do I have? (I have the two on the left, the shorter two.)

How much would I be able to sell these for by themselves? Since I only have half the set. The complete set is 1,000.

And which car is this for?

Thank you thank you thank you

--
EDIT: I guess it's for an "Audi Allroad"? I didn't know that Allroad was a car model, I thought it was referring to the shocks.
I guess that's out of the way. Now just to determine what these are worth and if they are shocks or struts.

Last edited by SPNarwhal; 05-22-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:14 PM
4th Gear

well judging from the link u posted and reading the description it looks like their are shocks. As for selling them individually. if have the spring and shock i would say that a normal shock brand new runs about 120 and a spring around 70 to 100. So somewhere in the ballpark of 4 to 5 hundred for the full rear setup. Though that might be a little conservitive in the price range.