VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

G85

Old 12-14-2013, 02:39 PM
1st Gear
Default G85

After taking the bottom ball joint off to replace a front cv joint boot, not touched the rack, I have the code 00778 g85 & my steering wheel is off at about 7-8 oclock when going straight, any ideas how I manged this, like i said I never touched track rod ends, Thanks

Old 01-22-2014, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nugger View Post
After taking the bottom ball joint off to replace a front cv joint boot, not touched the rack, I have the code 00778 g85 & my steering wheel is off at about 7-8 oclock when going straight, any ideas how I manged this, like i said I never touched track rod ends, Thanks
you need to get an alignment because the ball joint was loosened. as for the code,

clear it, see if it comes back. if it does. clear it again then go to output tests, or basic settings to enter the module in adaptation mode. turn wheel 1 full turn to the right, then 1 full turn to the left. then drive car under 13kmh and turn wheel 1 full turn to right and 1 full turn to left.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.