VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

need help with VAGCOM

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Unhappy need help with VAGCOM

this is a 2000 A6 Q, i just got a VAG cable (16 pins) and down loaded the 409.1 version of the software. when connected, it says; port OK, interface not found. I therefore cant proceed. what am i doing wrong and what am i soppose to do?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear

I assume you installed the cable drivers? Also after installing the drivers make sure to try every usb port on your laptop. Generally the drivers only install support for 1 usb port, not all of them.

I also have had better luck with 311. than 409.

Jeff

Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM

thanx Jeff. I'm just unable to get it, from the first time i pluged in the vag cable, the computer recognized and automatically down loaded the driver, from then on i cant seem to know whats going on. i have tried redownloading the drive from the darectory provided by the cable suplier which requiers "RAR" but still no progress.also tried the 311.2 it says PORT OK: INTERFACE 3-NOT FOUND NOR READY, what does this mean and what should i do?

Old 08-03-2008, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear

Sounds to me like your not installing the drivers correctly. What operating system are you using?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
3rd Gear

Your computer is not looking at the correct port -- It is a common problem

Old 08-04-2008, 02:03 AM

im using windows XP. Was it the right thing to do, having the computer automaticaly search the web for the driver? if no how do i uninstall it. i tried going into device manager, but could not recognise the device. i also selected a specific port PORT 1 which apperently is recognise by the software but still the interface cant be found. what could be the problem

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 AM
3rd Gear

If you have the serial cable and are using a USB port you need to make sure you have a high speed adaptor - some adaptors don't work.

As for the port - I usually set mine up for something higher like 3 or 4 and configure the spoftware

Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

Oops, never even gave the (16 pin) reference as important. You have a serial cable. I have never used a serial to usb adapter (if that is what you are doing) so ignore all my prior suggestions. And if you are simply using the serial adapter without a usb adapter, I still can't help.

Jeff

edit: I might help if you told us if it was an OEM Ross-Tech cable or a generic one. Is it serial cable or a usb cable, are you using a serial to usb adapter, or just hooking the serial cable to a serial port on your laptop?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 AM

thanx Jeff, it is generic serial, but i must confess , i do not know what that means. what the meaning of PORT OK, INTERFACE 3 NOT FOUND? Before i noticed it read PORT OK, INTERFACE 0-NOT FOUND. can you make sense of this?

Old 08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
3rd Gear

Kimi, go to the ebay page where you bought the cable. He should have an instruction and a driver location where you can download appropriate driver. You can't use VAGcom driver.

Quick Reply: need help with VAGCOM