VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

nefmoto

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:29 PM
1st Gear
Default nefmoto

I recently purchased a very well kept 2000 A6 quattro 2.7T. I have been well known for my tuning with Code59 for GMC Tyhpoon/Syclone and Buick GN's over the past 15 years. Now that I sold my Typhoon, on to my new toy.

I was looking at the APR stage 1 kit on ebay when I looked at an ECU to purchase. The guy selling it said his ECU would not work with my year ECU/Car. That being said, he told me that I can get free tunes and I was wondering if anyone here does any DIY tuning??? All I need to know is what tables control what and how to wire in a WBO2 sensor. I have a PLX WBO2 kit left over from tuning my Ty. All I need is a little direction and I can promise to get you all tuning in a matter of little time. Moates.net I shall be checking on if we have any applications for the Audi's I did not see any definition files for Audi's on tuner pro, but there were some Porsha suff available. Anyone know of the NEFMOTO stuff???? I can promise that I can tune like no other once I figure out the tables

Anyway, looking for some direction for OBD2 cables and software for my 2000 Audi A6

Old 06-08-2014, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

Wow, this board is quiet

I've been looking for DIY tuning options and look what I found When you have a llittle know how and free software, it can save you/me 600 bucks from a basic tune. I'm moving foward, anyone wanna take a ride with me

IT'S gonna be fun!

Nefmoto...why have i never heard of it? Cause it seems to be better than sliced brea

Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo .45
Wow, this board is quiet

I've been looking for DIY tuning options and look what I found When you have a llittle know how and free software, it can save you/me 600 bucks from a basic tune. I'm moving foward, anyone wanna take a ride with me

IT'S gonna be fun!

Nefmoto...why have i never heard of it? Cause it seems to be better than sliced brea
yes the software is free, but other programs are needed to actually modify the ecu map. such as WinOLS and TunerPro, a checksum calculator/checker.

also these ecu's are different from older type of the "2D" map tuning, such as at a given Maf/MAP at x rpm add or subtract fuel/ignition.

these are Load based and requests different variables based on load. this is calculated from MAF, TPS, RPM, and O2 and the ecu will "request" an increase in boost lets say given the throttle has been pressed, it will then compare what the "Actual" is from the MAP and determine which fuel/boost/ignition map to use or interpolate the data to satisfy the requested variable.

that is a very basic idea and of what i understand so far. I have used this before but not for tuning only to code off emissions and immo files.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

I am very familiar with Tuner Pro/TPRT. That is the editor software I used for tuning my previous cars I also have a PLX WBO2 kit in my garage. Just a matter of figuring out where to connect it to the ECM so it will read during data runs.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

Can you tell me where to find the XDF file and the correct bin for the 2000 Audi A6 2.7t? I can not find either on the tuner pro web site.

I promise you that I will be able to help you tune the crap out of your car I got my stock turbocharged GMC typhoon to run a 12.2 on pump gas with water injection using simple windshild washer low % alky.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

Hey Johnny, DM me if you need any help connecting the O2 wideband to your ECU. The bottom right pin on the analog output (4 pin plug) outputs a 0-5 volt signal that represents the air-fuel ratio, if your ECM is looking for a 0-5 volt signal. The pin directly to the left of it (bottom left) serves as the ground pin.