VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Vagcom tweak -- emergency flashing brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Vagcom tweak -- emergency flashing brake lights

Hi,

I have a 2009 Audi A4. I have performed many of the Vagcom tweaks available (I have my own kit). Every single one of them works absolutely great, and every change I make is instantly effective.

The only problem I'm having is with the emergency braking tweak. I think this is an important feature for safety reasons but I can't get it to work. In Vagcom I have enabled BOTH the flashing brake light and hazard light activation on heavy braking.

Over the past months there have been a few situations where I've had to perform very heavy (emergency) brakes -- that is as much force to the pedal that I can physically apply. These have been at a variety of speeds.

In none of these situations have the hazard lamps activated (you can see on the mirrors whether they are on). Obviously I can't see the brake lamps but I assume these are constant and not flashing if the hazard lamps aren't activated.

Does anybody know:
  • Why these are not working? Is there something extra I need to do decide tick the two boxes in the Vagcom software?
  • Is there a certain speed range where this feature becomes active?
  • Have any of you managed to get this feature to activate?

Thanks a lot for any advice,

Davood