VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Will Disabling the Level System in VDS help me?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Will Disabling the Level System in VDS help me?

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well. Need a little help from someone seasoned and with knowledge. I have a 2004 A8L that needs 2 new Suspension level sensors. Was thinking about doing this and wanted to get advise from someone with a little more experience.

I am wanting to fill the system up and then go into the " level control" settings and turn the level system completely off just until i get my new sensors. The dealership wants 220.00 bucks each for them but i found them online for 120.00 a peace, however, it will take 2 to 4 days for me to get them.

Does anyone know if this will work? The current faulty sensors prohibits the car from retaining pressurization. The system is good as far as leaks go and so forth. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks. I'm watching the forum closely

Old 03-12-2015, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

Just wanted to give everyone an update. My Problem was this: VCDS reading 2 faulty level sensors, one in front and one in rear. Due to the bad sensors my car would not raise at all. I checked all 4 air struts, compressor and fuse + relay that goes to the compressor. All were good, the faulty sensors is what was making the car not raise and via VCDS in Module (34) codes where for 2 faulty level sensors. I fixed the rear one, main harness had a snipped wire. patched it and bam no more issues in rear. Car still will not raise in front because of bad senor there. Will try to fix the front one tomorrow and I'll report back.

Went into vcds, Module (34), First I filled both front and rear manually " to my desire" with air, then I went into adaptions and choose to turn off Level Control. Now my car stays leveled until I fix the Sensor.

Paid 350.00 for the vag cable. After pitty patting with a China knock off cable, I'm kicking my own but because I should've purchased the Vag cable from the jump. I have saved more than 2500 just on this job alone. Thanks to VCDs

Last edited by inaudiwetrust; 03-12-2015 at 01:11 AM.