West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

The Beast is Back in the Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:15 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default The Beast is Back in the Shop

So I was on a date in OC when I made a easy going uturn, next thing I know, I hear metal from the rear grinding and breaking as if somebody hit me from behind. then I though, ok, maybe i'll just push the gas pedal to roll over to the side of the road.....didn't even budge. this is in the middle of a busy street on Beach Blvd, i took up 2 out of 4 lanes. went out to look, the wheel was TOTALLY off the chasis, but good think the wheel and tire stayed inside the wheel well so it held up the car, or else it would have been the brake rotors holding up the car. called 911 to come out and do traffic control until the tow truck came. luckly there were places open on Jan 1st. pulled it there, the guys took a look at it. so the wheel is fine, so is the tire, but the control arm, brake pads, rotors, brackets, brake lines........ ALL FUQED UP!!!!!! so was my rear fendor because of the towing, all in all, not getting the car back til monday morning, is about $800 bucks in repairs and parts, plus 70 bucks in towing, plus $130 in dinners for friends who made time to pick my a$$ up. so that was my new years........... how was everyone's New Year's?

btw..... i think somebody was trying to **** up my car, because i only found 2 of the wheel bolts on the ground, and they were both snapped, probably somebody took bolts out, and the other two bolts were the only ones in tact, it was just a matter of time...... i'm just happy this shiat didn't happen on the freeway. =)

Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Dang, Nam. Glad you are OK. Get in the habit of checking your wheels and tires before you roll off, from now on.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:22 PM
SoCal Crew Member

That's not good man, thing has been a headache lately for you.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Wait a minute you only found to lug bolts. Who put those wheels on for you and can they prove they were torqued to the right setting. Also were they retorqued after 50 miles. because with new wheels your supposed to retorque them to make sure they seated properly. I know it's a pain in the *** but I would look into. If that **** would have happened on the freeway the consequenses could have been much worse.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
SoCal Crew Member

O **** nam!!! well did you have someone do more work since that shop we took it too? i know we put all the bolts back in when you had it at my house but maybe those bastards forgot.

Its good that it didnt drop onto the rotors completely. Probably would have been nice to hear them say that you need a new rear Dif.

Hit me up when your back in town bro.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

Wow... I'm sorry. Hope the car get's fixed soon. That sounds like such a drag.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:55 AM

damn dude that really sucks!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

so how was the date??

lol.. jk

hey nam - sorry to hear about the beast. at least u have her back safe now.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Sorry to hear what happened Nam.

Like you said, glad it didn't happen on the freeway.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:53 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Did you finally get it back or what? what was the final damage tally?

Quick Reply: The Beast is Back in the Shop