West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

GMGRacing in santa ana, ca

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default GMGRacing in santa ana, ca

After getting off the phone with APR I found out I was being fed a whole bunch of crap from GMG Racing which sucks because I really respected them as a company. Here's my complaints:

When I had my chip installed one month ago, they told me they would need to solder the chip one which would cost $75 in labor... NOT TRUE... according to APR, its a simple reflash [:@]

Second thing is that they wanted $350 in labor to install my turbo back exhaust and that WELDING would be required... NOT TRUE AGAIN!!!. APR says that all I need is to somehow jack the car up to about knee level and the install will only take 30 mins. [:@]

Well this sums it up. Never going to GMG racing again. Now I dont mind paying labor fee because every company needs to make $$ somehow and I support that. I really liked GMG (gmgracing.com) because they work on porsche's like mad but now I hate them. Lying to customers to justify these fees are just plain wrong. I'll save my $350 in labor and buy some nice jack stands and a good jack. Hope you guys too.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Default RE: GMGRacing in santa ana, ca

I hate when companies like that lie to you to make a dollar. Just tell me the truth, that you need to make some money on the installs to stay in business, that it will take x amount of dollars, and leave it at that. Much more respect for someone being straightforward with me. Take my money, just give me value for it.

Thanks for the post.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:18 AM
2nd Gear

I got quoted double install prices......they were twice as high as any dealer within 50 miles of me so I gave the business to others.

Stock & 91 program.
Then 93 program.
Then K&N filter.
Now Test Pipe & Exhaust tips.
Next 100 octane program & lowering my ride height.

That's easily $2k that they pissed away from a local customer because their prices suck.

They seem to only be interested in working on $90k porsches from rich people that have no concern about the dollars falling out of their pocket.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 PM

Wow- I am really dissapointed in the keyboard bashing going on here.

First off anyone who walks throught door at GMG is treated with the upmost respect be it a audi customer or otherwise. So to come on a forum and start bashing someone is not only childish but immature.

Its easy to slam someone in a forum without seeing both sides of a story..........

We charge a fair price for work when it comes to dealing with tuner parts based on our experiances........

APR can sit there and tell you there parts may fit but the fact of the matter 9 out of 10 times we are having to do additional work when fitting exhaust systems and having to weld them......This has been an ongoing problem for years...... As far as software flashing or soldering a chip we do charge labor for the work and I think we just like anyone else are entitled to do so..Selling parts out of a parts book is one thing - real world experiance is another..

I am not going to sit here and get into heated discussion about prices and price shopping- We are not the cheapest place in town but we feel and have proven to be one of the top tuners when it comes to working on these cars.. There are plenty of other so called tuners shops in our area who may beat us on labor prices .. But the fact remains our staff is the best in the business .. And our quality of work is second to none.... And when the "deal" install is done wrong people end up at our doorstep to fix the problems time and time again.........

We cannot and will not compromise the integrity of work just because the shop up the street is doing it for less.

So before anyone gets on the band wagon of bashing someone's business because they feel high and mighty sitting behind a keyboard why dont you check out the shops credentials and quality of work before you compare.

A wise man once said "The bitterness of poor quality last much longer than the sweetness of a good deal"

To say that we only work on 90k Porsche's and thats all we care about is silly.... Maybe, you should consider the reason why we have 90k Porsche's sitting in our shop for repairs and tuning is because we are trusted to work on those cars unlike the so called hack tuners out there who have a bunch of kids as so called "tuners" who think they know what they are doing.........

I welcome anyone to GMG at anytime..... We will always work with you to get you the best value for your money... What we wont do is compromise our standard of quality work............I invite anyone to compare our experiance and quality of work to anyother shop in the area.........

In the end its not about the $$$ its about the quality of work...

Should anyone have any questions please feel free to call or email me directly.

I am really dissapointed that all people can do is sit on a forum and bash someone to entertain themselves.......... Its really sad.... And this holds true not only for GMG but all the other business's in this market..

In the end I would like to thank our large number of audi/vw customers who trust us with there cars and can appreciate the quality and integrity of work that we provide ..........

Fabryce@GMGRACING.com
714-432-1582

Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 PM

well said GMG.

Remember,

there's ALWAYS,
TWO sides
to EVERY story.

Sc

Old 10-14-2006, 03:32 AM
2nd Gear

I wouldn't consider this bashing other than an informative post. Like I stated before, I am dissapointed that I was misled about the services I inquired and or paid for. I agree it is fair to charge labor for services and I do not disagree with that. As a consumer it is also a right to shop elsewhere as well. However, taking advantage in someone's lack of knowledge in the subject is plain wrong. I recall vividly GMG telling me that a chip install would require soldering and a couple hours to do since you would have to take some panels off just to get to the ECU, as said by Fabryce. Now, wouldn't it have been easier to say something else a little more customer appropriate and factual?

Now the exhaust. Based on what I've researched on the forums (audiforums, vwvortex, audiworld, audizine, audiworld), I have not seen 90% failures in APR's Products. However, as an installer, you are entitled to make that claim as you have first hand experience with the install of their products. Third, if what you say is true, holy ****, APR must be making crap products.

Like I said before, lying to customers to justify these fees are just plain wrong. A shop that lies in the first place will probably result into other problems.

Good bye

ORIGINAL: gmgracing

Wow- I am really dissapointed in the keyboard bashing going on here.

First off anyone who walks throught door at GMG is treated with the upmost respect be it a audi customer or otherwise. So to come on a forum and start bashing someone is not only childish but immature.

Its easy to slam someone in a forum without seeing both sides of a story..........

We charge a fair price for work when it comes to dealing with tuner parts based on our experiances........

APR can sit there and tell you there parts may fit but the fact of the matter 9 out of 10 times we are having to do additional work when fitting exhaust systems and having to weld them......This has been an ongoing problem for years...... As far as software flashing or soldering a chip we do charge labor for the work and I think we just like anyone else are entitled to do so..Selling parts out of a parts book is one thing - real world experiance is another..

I am not going to sit here and get into heated discussion about prices and price shopping- We are not the cheapest place in town but we feel and have proven to be one of the top tuners when it comes to working on these cars.. There are plenty of other so called tuners shops in our area who may beat us on labor prices .. But the fact remains our staff is the best in the business .. And our quality of work is second to none.... And when the "deal" install is done wrong people end up at our doorstep to fix the problems time and time again.........

We cannot and will not compromise the integrity of work just because the shop up the street is doing it for less.

So before anyone gets on the band wagon of bashing someone's business because they feel high and mighty sitting behind a keyboard why dont you check out the shops credentials and quality of work before you compare.

A wise man once said "The bitterness of poor quality last much longer than the sweetness of a good deal"

To say that we only work on 90k Porsche's and thats all we care about is silly.... Maybe, you should consider the reason why we have 90k Porsche's sitting in our shop for repairs and tuning is because we are trusted to work on those cars unlike the so called hack tuners out there who have a bunch of kids as so called "tuners" who think they know what they are doing.........

I welcome anyone to GMG at anytime..... We will always work with you to get you the best value for your money... What we wont do is compromise our standard of quality work............I invite anyone to compare our experiance and quality of work to anyother shop in the area.........

In the end its not about the $$$ its about the quality of work...

Should anyone have any questions please feel free to call or email me directly.

I am really dissapointed that all people can do is sit on a forum and bash someone to entertain themselves.......... Its really sad.... And this holds true not only for GMG but all the other business's in this market..

In the end I would like to thank our large number of audi/vw customers who trust us with there cars and can appreciate the quality and integrity of work that we provide ..........

Fabryce@GMGRACING.com
714-432-1582

Old 10-14-2006, 04:17 AM

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about-

How were you misled?????????

A chip install does require soldering.. A flash does not... If you inquired about a chip then I quoted you a chip install. If you asked about a flash or direct port then you would have been quoted for that service. So if you have no idea what you are asking for how is it my fault you were incorrectly quoted. Either say what you mean or mean what you say... Don't be mad at me when you ask for 1 thing when you thought it was another and then you got the wrong information.............Direct port flash or EMCS module we charge for labor to do both.

If some other shop chooses not charge for that type of work that is there choice to do so. .........So you were not lied to in any manner..

No one ever said APR is making crap products. We along with other shops have been having problems with fitmens for many years /// Its nothing new .. The exhaust systems are bolt in yes. But the clamps supplied are insufficient in clamping the exhaust sections and require welding most of the time.( I just did a Allroad today and had the same issue ) So its not a bad product just an issue with the clamps.... And if you knew anything about the "aftermarket" there are fitment problems with many products on the market today.. But yet it is accepted when the price attached to the product is low enough. Or you got a "deal"

I would not install an exhaust on your car and send you down the road and a day later you have an exhaust leak or the exhaust is out of alignment because the exhaust has moved............. Oh wait then you would be on this forum slamming me for a poor installation........ Because it could never be the exhaust system..Right???????

You were never lied to or misled for any service or items you were quoted for.............. If you dont understand what you are talking about then I suggest you do some more research before you make pointless statements and accusing me of lieing to you... Or how about asking some questions and saying Hey... I really dont know about this can you explain the difference between a flash and a chip install?? I would be more than happy to explain to you what the difference's are.....I am here as a source of information and I spend plenty of time with people who come by the shop to learn about things whether they by something from me or not......... Ask most of my clients I will often talk them out of a product if it does not fit there needs or expectations.........

You are correct you have every right to call around and price shop..... You clearly did that.. And got the price you wanted..

You call this an informative post??????? Do everyone a favor and get your information straight before you start spewing false statements.

Or for that matter if you need clarification .......... Call me directly.. 714-432-1582 m-f 9-6

Fabryce.
GMG
www.gmgracing.com

Old 10-14-2006, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear

Look,

When a customer comes to you and tells you they have a 2006 A3 DSG three times (once on the phone, in person, then on the appointment day), it is your responsability to give them the correct information as you are the dealer and are knowledgeable experts in the subject. An A3 chip is flashed onto the ECU not soldered etc like you told me. Since you said otherwise it is your responsability and when I found out the truth I looked at it two ways. Incompentence and/or shady practices for justifying small labor charges which I have the right to express.

About my post being informative. All I'm trying to say is it is terrible that we cannot get the correct information needed when entrusting our cars to you. As a professional you are required to know your buisness, if you truly forgot, it is professional to apologize and inform me rather than letting me leave the shop thinking that I just got a physical chip installed in my car. Your short sightedness in seeing where I have been "misled" in both of your posts reconfirms my decision to look elsewhere for my needs.

ORIGINAL: gmgracing

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about-

How were you misled?????????

A chip install does require soldering.. A flash does not... If you inquired about a chip then I quoted you a chip install. If you asked about a flash or direct port then you would have been quoted for that service. So if you have no idea what you are asking for how is it my fault you were incorrectly quoted. Either say what you mean or mean what you say... Don't be mad at me when you ask for 1 thing when you thought it was another and then you got the wrong information.............Direct port flash or EMCS module we charge for labor to do both.

If some other shop chooses not charge for that type of work that is there choice to do so. .........So you were not lied to in any manner..

No one ever said APR is making crap products. We along with other shops have been having problems with fitmens for many years /// Its nothing new .. The exhaust systems are bolt in yes. But the clamps supplied are insufficient in clamping the exhaust sections and require welding most of the time.( I just did a Allroad today and had the same issue ) So its not a bad product just an issue with the clamps.... And if you knew anything about the "aftermarket" there are fitment problems with many products on the market today.. But yet it is accepted when the price attached to the product is low enough. Or you got a "deal"

I would not install an exhaust on your car and send you down the road and a day later you have an exhaust leak or the exhaust is out of alignment because the exhaust has moved............. Oh wait then you would be on this forum slamming me for a poor installation........ Because it could never be the exhaust system..Right???????

You were never lied to or misled for any service or items you were quoted for.............. If you dont understand what you are talking about then I suggest you do some more research before you make pointless statements and accusing me of lieing to you... Or how about asking some questions and saying Hey... I really dont know about this can you explain the difference between a flash and a chip install?? I would be more than happy to explain to you what the difference's are.....I am here as a source of information and I spend plenty of time with people who come by the shop to learn about things whether they by something from me or not......... Ask most of my clients I will often talk them out of a product if it does not fit there needs or expectations.........

You are correct you have every right to call around and price shop..... You clearly did that.. And got the price you wanted..

You call this an informative post??????? Do everyone a favor and get your information straight before you start spewing false statements.

Or for that matter if you need clarification .......... Call me directly.. 714-432-1582 m-f 9-6

Fabryce.
GMG
www.gmgracing.com

Old 10-15-2006, 02:05 AM

Please try and understand that we charge 75.00 for a flash upload which includes scanning the car for any faults before the flash and then going in and clearing all the faults stored in the ecu's after the flash...This remains the same for all FLASH DPP uploads.. So you were not misled in any manner nor were you cheated in any manner.........If it were a solder in EMCS chip the labor to solder it in would have been more......

I know for a fact if you spoke to me directly I did NOT tell you it was a solder in chip.. That I am certain of Sir......

I think you have turned your own lack of understanding into a fiasco in attempt to try and bash someone on this forum..

Why dont you tell PM me your name and I will gladly look into the paper work to see if there is anything out of the ordinary about it.

I call it like it is and I am here to make it right if for some reason you were wronged. Which I dont think you were in any manner ...

So why dont we resolve your gripe like adults ... And not like children...........?????????

Or you can email me directly...................

Old 10-15-2006, 05:53 AM
2nd Gear

this fight is wacko...

Quick Reply: GMGRacing in santa ana, ca