West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Mom of two looking for hit and run driver in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Mom of two looking for hit and run driver in San Diego

Hi,

Date/time of accident: 12/19 around 6:10 PM

Looking to see if you can help mefind an owner (maybe on this forum) that drives a 1999 (B5) yellow A4 w/ lowered suspension and sports exhaust.

The side-swiped my car trying to overtake me on a right hand turn. I had two kids in the car with me at the time. At first, he said it was all my fault, but after a witness drove up and said he saw the whole thing, the driver in the A4's demeanor totally changed from being very aggressive to being quiet.

This happened on the corner of El Camino Del Norte and Black Mountain Road (across from Costco) in San Diego. He told me to drive up to the next side street and as I was driving, he took off.

Please help me locate this driver...My kids are 5 and 8 and was very terrified of this man as he was screaming and banging on my door and windows. After all the news that's going on recently, I was so afraid to get out of the car to confront him and as a result, he got a way.

The witness may have gotten the driver's plate, but I'm unable to reach him at the moment. I'm sure sooner or later, the police will find him. Besides, how many yellow A4 matching the description (now with a nice long silver paint streak on the right side of his car) are there in San Diego.

Please help.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 AM
4th Gear

Wow, crazy story. I can't be of much help, but I hope everything works out in the end. My wife had a hit and run in a parking lot last year. Just a simple fender bender, but I can understand the aggravation.

As part of an Audi enthusiast community, I'm sorry that the actions of a few idiots can taint our image. I can assure you that most of us here would never act this way.

You might want to check over at Audizine.com though. I heard there are some real a$$ hats over there

Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Administrator

I'm so sorry to hear this and I apologize for what happened. Mind you he doesn't represent the whole Audi community and I'm very disappointed that this happened.

I go to a lot of meets and shows in SoCal and maybe one day I'll run into him. I hope you get everything resolved soon. Please keep us updated.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I've filed a police report and the police will be on the look out.

How idiotic are you to have such a rare and highly visible colored car to run away from an accident? There's no statue of limitations for a hit and run.

Now he has to be constantly watching his back. He's caused himself more stress to himself than if he was simply to swap out insurance.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Administrator

I don't think it matters if he has a bright pink car - he has to be responsible for his actions and act like an adult.

I recently got involved in a hit and run at a parking lot so I know how you feel. I'm just disappointed with today's humanity.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs down Uncalled for

I hope they catch that son of a you know what.. Totally Uncalled for... Especially because he chose to put, not only the driver(MOM), but the passengers(KIDS) in danger..

Old 03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default That is just not right

I will have to keep my eyes open for him for you too. I am all over San Diego from time to time and yes it is very sad that his car is yellow wow not that hard to spot lol. I just pulled parts off a yellow 97 Quattro in the Junk yard today...hope all is well and the cops find him