West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

San Gabriel Canyon to Glendora Mountain Road Meet and Drive Sunday April 13th

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:41 AM
1st Gear
Default San Gabriel Canyon to Glendora Mountain Road Meet and Drive Sunday April 13th

With the success of the Angeles Crest cruise and the overwhelming consensus to hold a monthly meet and drive this will be our second GTG.
When: Sunday April 13th (My Birthday so gifts accepted JK)
Time: 10AM-4PM We will be leaving the Rose Bowl at 11 sharp and jump on the 210 East to get off at Azusa Ave (Highway 39).
Where: We will meet up at the Rose Bowl in Parking Lot I at the end of the parking lot like the Angeles Crest meet. This is the 2nd Sunday so the Swap Meet and lots of traffic will unfortunately be there but we were able to gather just fine with NO HASSLES!!!
What: Take San Gabriel Canyon to E. Fork Road and take GMR back.
We will leave the Rose Bowl at 11 sharp and jump on the 210 to Azusa Ave (Highway 39). There is an In & Out right off the freeway so we can grab some food before the drive. For people coming from San Bernardino you can meet us at the In & Out around 11:30AM eat and leave no later than 1. The parking lot here is small but depending on the turn-out we will figure it out.
In&Out Burgers address 324 S. Azusa Ave, Azusa Ca

Our route is highlighted in blue and red

Group pic from Angeles Crest

Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: San Gabriel Canyon to Glendora Mountain Road Meet and Drive Sunday April 13th

i myte be down for this. GMR is our neck of the woods!you guys are runnin backside GMR eh

btw, the better meeting spot is the shell gas station right before you make the trek to azusa canyon. fyi.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: San Gabriel Canyon to Glendora Mountain Road Meet and Drive Sunday April 13th

ORIGINAL: .clipse

i myte be down for this. GMR is our neck of the woods!you guys are runnin backside GMR eh

btw, the better meeting spot is the shell gas station right before you make the trek to azusa canyon. fyi.
My bday is April 12 - we can make it a bday drive!

I agree with .clipse that In-N-Out may not be the best place to meet! There's several good places if you need recommendations.

I'd love to come, and being a month out - think I can probably commit.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:04 AM
SoCal Crew Member

sounds good to me too....i should be available considering i do not work on sundays

Old 03-15-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Hey all, just went to fantastic Mexican restaurant today just south of Azusa (literally) next to Bert's MegaMall (motorcycle store extraordinaire) called Ray's Tepeyac. I would recommend we consider it for lunch/dinner for our canyon run if folks are interested.

Just a thought.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

what recs do you have in mind?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

see you guys tomorrow!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:42 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: SoCalS4Avant

Hey all, just went to fantastic Mexican restaurant today just south of Azusa (literally) next to Bert's MegaMall (motorcycle store extraordinaire) called Ray's Tepeyac. I would recommend we consider it for lunch/dinner for our canyon run if folks are interested.

Just a thought.
rofl. ray's tepeyac has some BIG *** burritos.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Biddi, Did anyone show up? and didI miss something because I thought evryone went to the car show. Just checking.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

not too many came. Roll call:

B6 S4 black
B7 A4 gray
B7 S4 sprint blue
B7 S4 - DTM sprint blue
B7 RS4 sprint blue

it was a small group, which was good. We gathered a lot of attention with three rollling sprint blue. here's a link to a thread with pics:

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203737

Video is still being edited!

Quick Reply: San Gabriel Canyon to Glendora Mountain Road Meet and Drive Sunday April 13th