West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

sorry, off topic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default sorry, off topic...

Well.... i just purchased a front pair of Koni adjustables to go along with my Spax rear adjustables, installed them myself and went looking for a good test run.....

btw.... the car is lowered 2" with Spax non-adj springs.... air box mod...Forge 007....and B6 sport wheels w/ goodyear eagle rsa 235 55......and tip!

So i am headed a few miles from my house(SoCal) where there's a fun 3 mile canyon road i love to smash..... unfortunatly it is the middle of the day on a sat. and there is way too much traffic.... so i tail off to another road i had never taken before and it turned out to be another great 3-4 mile twisty run... as i'm taking my first few turns the car is hadling great! I am very supprised at how flat the car was staying with no anti-roll bar or sway bars.... then out of no where a black G35 dumped on some rims comes up behind me seeing that i was having too much fun by myself.... so i kick back into high gear with the tip and start smashing the turns to see what kind of driver we got here.... he was hanging pretty good but i was still pulling throught the initial turns... he would catch up on the straight away.... but everytime, throught the twisty parts the audi was handling very strong and pulling ahead. i was happy... just need that engine managment chip to boost her up to 14psi and 245lb torque and i would have never seen that black G35 again [sm=wootwoot.gif]
-Jet

Old 03-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: sorry, off topic...

nice ! sounds great...imagine when the sway bars are in !

what roads were you taking???

Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member

it took place on East rd. right off of Hacienda rd....... East road goes right past Hacienda golf course.... it was beautiful.... i also love to take the twisties up the street from that, in whittier... which starts at beverly and painter.... ever been there???

Old 03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I just tried to copy the image off mapquest.com but for some reason i can't copy just the image..... [:'(]

Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

aaaah never hit that up -
Ive been to Hacienda heights a looooong time ago - I know they have some really nice
roads up that way - avocado crest etc.

Im by Corona / Riverside in the IE...
so ive taken a few roads down south this way....

Theres one ive been really wanting to take - socaleuro.com took a run up there
not too long ago i blv - its out east by Palm springs / Hemet area...
supposed to be one of the best...

Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member

a friend of mine just told me ofa real fun one about 5 miles longin Palos Verdes (up my way) right near the ocean.... it's on Palos VerdesDr. E.... i'll have to check it out after the SLO gtg

Old 03-19-2007, 09:03 PM
SoCal Crew Member

you know what.... ever been to the 243 off the 10 just east of palm springs??? that is a great run.... i'd be down to meet you and some others there and make a day of it.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 AM

ORIGINAL: JETSPEED333

a friend of mine just told me ofa real fun one about 5 miles longin Palos Verdes (up my way) right near the ocean.... it's on Palos VerdesDr. E.... i'll have to check it out after the SLO gtg
Yeah, I live in the South Shores area and have been on many cool PV roads. The problem is that area get's a little congested with slow cars way too often, but if you can get a clear patch then it's awesome.

Cheers!

Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: JETSPEED333

you know what.... ever been to the 243 off the 10 just east of palm springs??? that is a great run.... i'd be down to meet you and some others there and make a day of it.
yeah thats it.... thats the one I was talking bout bro.. its the palms to Pines hwy run..
(74 & 243)

heres a good link w/ a some nice runs... Lateral G
I've been really wanting to hit that hwy - we'll defenitely set something up
after I get my rotors & cv Axles replaced...[:'(]

looks like its cruising only for me on the SLO road trip...[&o]

Old 03-20-2007, 05:25 AM
SoCal Crew Member

nice link.... i love twisties [sm=Awwww.gif].... so what's up with your car budhha? is the problem money? or the installation??? i might be able to get a discount on parts if you needthrough my dealership(Cerritos Infiniti), and if you needed help installing i'm there too...... got a lift, press, tools, and thebently.... you need to be ready to smash this weekend!

Quick Reply: sorry, off topic...