Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to put in GM synchromesh...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Going to put in GM synchromesh...

GM Syncromesh is the same stuff as the Pennzoil. All the DSM guys have been using it for years, Mitsubishi transmissionshave always been notchy, the syncromesh does wonders for it. I keep a case of it in the garage for my Evo.

A little more proof to how good the stuff is. I had an Eclipse with about 400HP and 86K miles that I totalled, I always used the Syncromeshand changed it frequently when I sold the trans, the guy that bought it took it apart and said all the gears were still within factory specs. He could not believe the mileage on the car.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Going to put in GM synchromesh...

Hooray! 1 foot of snow... [&:]

Old 10-14-2014, 11:05 AM
1st Gear
Cool '97 Audi A4 quattro manual transmission gear oil

I've had a case of AC Delco (GM) Syncromesh fluid in the garage leftover from my old '01 GMC Sierra 5-speed. I been putting it in my Audi transmission for the past 4 years every spring. By fluke i was searching for a cheaper equivalent GL-4 fluid. Knowing I wasn't putting in the right stuff. Been reading a few threads now, and I'm now a new member. The redline brand is great but expensive. but cheaper then the stock dealer stuff. AC Delco stuff was $13 CAN./litre which isn't as bad as the rest.

No issues with my transmission yet. Mind you I don't drive it like a race car but I do drive 60'000 kms a year. Think I'll just keep putting in the syncromesh GM stuff. I also consider that i have 360,000 proud kms on the old girl now and shes almost a 20 year old car.